Author Topic: Bud Light contagion spreads to other Anheuser-Busch beers: Sales of troubled brand fell 21.4% in Apr  (Read 578 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light contagion spreads to other Anheuser-Busch beers: Sales of troubled brand fell 21.4% in April after Dylan Mulvaney fiasco - and total numbers for Anheuser-Busch fell 12%

Competitors Yuengling and Miller Light rose more than 12 percent each, with Coors Light rising 10.9 percent
    Global CEO of Anheuser-Busch Michel Doukeris blamed 'misinformation and disinformation' for the online backlash 
    Budweiser was also hit with the knock-on effect of the controversy by dipping 11.5 percent

By Emma James For Dailymail.Com

Published: 08:22 EDT, 9 May 2023 | Updated: 11:37 EDT, 9 May 2023

Sales of Anheuser-Busch products have dropped in the month since Bud Light went ahead with the disastrous campaign with Dylan Mulvaney.

Beer Business Daily commented that 'it's not pretty' for America's flagship brand and their parent company Anheuser-Busch after revealing the numbers for beer across April.

Anheuser-Busch volumes were down more than 12 percent last month, with Bud Light falling a staggering 21.4 percent.

Initially sales of Bud Light were the only brand under the brewing conglomerates umbrella to be affected, but the new numbers have revealed that several products sales have dipped.

Budweiser was also hit with the knock-on effect of the controversy by dipping 11.5 percent.

Two more Anheuser-Busch brands were also feeling the result of the backlash, with Busch dropping 5.3 percent and Natural dropping 6 percent.

Competitors of the Belgian-owned beer giant both saw their volume rise – with Molson Coors, which produces Coors Light,  jumping 7.6 percent and Constellation, the company behind Corona, spiking 3.8 percent.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12063443/Bud-Light-sales-bloodbath-Sales-troubled-brand-fell-21-4-April-Dylan-Mulvaney-fiasco.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 03:57:46 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

So far, however, the company's stock price doesn't appear to have taken a really significant hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Saw where all of Fox primetime  ratings has sank into the crapper too.

If the Murdochs thought firing Tucker would enhance the sale price of Fox News, man were they ever wrong.

I'm getting used to News Max.  Maybe not a the same bells and whistles, but it'll do. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
So far, however, the company's stock price doesn't appear to have taken a really significant hit.

Noticed that too.  There has been a long and storied history of how boycotts have faded, and I think there is a lot of speculative play in that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Salena Zito: Finding an American story at America’s oldest brewery
Jun 18, 2023

POTTSVILLE, Pa. — One day in 1980, John Callahan was driving carefully down the steep Mahantongo Street in this Schuylkill County town when he spied a person standing outside the D.G. Yuengling and Sons Brewery.

Mr. Callahan, who had lost his job four days earlier, was desperate to find employment, so he slowed down and on a whim shouted out his car window at the guy: “Hey, buddy. Any jobs?”

“I really didn’t expect him to even answer me,” said Mr. Callahan, as he gave me a tour of the deep cellar of the ancient brewery. “To my astonishment, he waved me over and said, ‘Come on in.’ His name was Ray Norbert. He was the brew master at the time, and he hired me that day.”

Mr. Callahan started scrubbing the floors and cleaning the massive tanks. Today, 43 years later, he is the plant manager, overseeing America’s oldest brewery, which has been in operation and owned by the same family since Andrew Jackson was in his first term as president.  ...

Still, Mr. Yuengling said, the challenge with the big guys is in getting shelf space in grocery chains: “Our competition is the big guy in St. Louis. They don’t like us. They realize our potential, because our beers are good.”

The company does not weigh in on politics. Yes, Barack Obama enjoyed their lager while watching an NCAA Tournament game in Blair County in 2008, and Eric Trump toured the brewery in 2016, but the company has shrewdly kept its powder dry in its advertising. Yuengling’s social media is cheeky but positive — almost exclusively pro-beer, pro-American, focusing on what they do best: making very good beer in America. ...
Pittsburgh Post Gazette
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline Polly Ticks

Right now, Yuengling is the brewer of choice in my household.

We have Yuengling and Shiner Bock in our fridge at the moment.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
InBev should sell A-B back to an American owner and cut their losses.  They went full Gen Z woke Retard.  Never ever go full retard.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
InBev should sell A-B back to an American owner and cut their losses.  They went full Gen Z woke Retard.  Never ever go full retard.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien