Author Topic: HOW AN A-10 PILOT SURVIVED A MISSILE HIT OVER BAGHDAD  (Read 356 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HOW AN A-10 PILOT SURVIVED A MISSILE HIT OVER BAGHDAD
« on: May 09, 2023, 02:19:07 pm »
HOW AN A-10 PILOT SURVIVED A MISSILE HIT OVER BAGHDAD
May 8, 2023Lauren Warner

Kim Campbell is not your average Air Force pilot. In fact, there’s nothing average about her. The year Campbell entered the Air Force Academy — 1993 — was the first year the Air Force allowed females to become fighter pilots. Thirty years later, only 20% of all Air Force pilots are female.

Campbell joined the 75th Fighter Squadron as an A-10 pilot in 2000. At that time, there were only 43 female fighter pilots in the Air Force, just more than 1% of the entire fighter pilot force; today, that percentage has roughly doubled.

However, her journey to becoming a pilot began many years earlier.

“When I was in fifth grade, I decided I wanted to be an astronaut,” Campbell said. “I remember watching the launch of the space shuttle Challenger in 1986. At that moment, there was the thrill and excitement of the launch and then the devastation that played out.

https://coffeeordie.com/kim-campbell
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: HOW AN A-10 PILOT SURVIVED A MISSILE HIT OVER BAGHDAD
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 02:21:02 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Here's another advantage of the A-10, women can fly it.  Just kidding, just kidding.  But the advantage over the Harrier is survivability.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 02:32:17 pm »
Pic of the damage:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 02:32:54 pm »
The A-10 is the Timex of support aircraft:  takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 02:34:54 pm »
The A-10 is the Timex of support aircraft:  takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

And the Air Force cannot wait to shit can them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 03:21:24 pm »

I know, which is just mind-boggling. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 03:53:01 pm »
I know, which is just mind-boggling.

Not really. It makes perfect sense for them. (Opportunities in procurement.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 04:39:00 pm »
Just think of the damage Gen. Davis can do as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs! OMGGGGGGG
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 04:43:48 pm »
I heard A-10s are tank killers.  Does flying them in combat make that a tankless job?  :pondering:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 12:39:16 am »
I heard A-10s are tank killers.  Does flying them in combat make that a tankless job?  :pondering:
No, what makes it t'ankless is knowing that your own brass are gunning for your plane, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2023, 12:46:27 am »

The USAF has been trying since the late 1970s. At the time I was a junior tech testing and aligning A-10 Projection Units (aka Head-Up Displays). The USAF bigwigs just weren't into CAS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.