Author Topic: Report: White House Begging CEOs to Pressure Republicans to Cave on Debt Ceiling  (Read 142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: White House Begging CEOs to Pressure Republicans to Cave on Debt Ceiling

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 8 May 2023

President Joe Biden’s White House is begging CEOs to pressure Republicans to cave on the debt ceiling as Biden prepares to meet with congressional leaders this week to discuss the debt limit.

Biden will sit down with congressional leaders on Tuesday after months of ignoring House Republicans’ request to negotiate. Biden agreed to sit down for negotiations after House Republicans rallied behind Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to support the Limit, Save, Grow Act, which would lift the debt ceiling through early next year and save the government an estimated $4.8 trillion over the next ten years.

However, Biden’s Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is personally calling CEOs to urge them to put pressure on Republicans, according to Reuters.

Yellin is calling CEOs from the financial sector and the broader economy to warn them about the “dangerous consequences of the current brinkmanship,” one source told Reuters.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/08/report-white-house-begging-ceos-pressure-republicans-cave-debt-ceiling/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And they will!

As sure as God made little green apples!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wait...

Isn't Diamond and the other Large banking CEO's already in the dim pocket and PAC payrolls?

Big Financial is massively woke and an enemy of the GOP.  There's no reason for McCarthy to cave, unless he is ultimately stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Wait...

Isn't Diamond and the other Large banking CEO's already in the dim pocket and PAC payrolls?

Big Financial is massively woke and an enemy of the GOP.  There's no reason for McCarthy to cave, unless he is ultimately stupid.

:thumbsup: