Author Topic: More migrants are showing up nightly at a Boston hospital. Dozens, most from Haiti, slept in the lob  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More migrants are showing up nightly at a Boston hospital. Dozens, most from Haiti, slept in the lobby this week
By Celina Tebor, CNN
Published 7:50 PM EDT, Sat April 29, 2023

—
Amid humanitarian and security crises in their home country, Haitian migrants arriving in Boston have been sleeping overnight at one of the city’s major hospitals. The dramatic increase of migrants arriving in recent weeks has stretched resources, the hospital told CNN.

About 55 people, most from Haiti, spent Wednesday night in the lobby of the Boston Medical Center, according to hospital spokesperson David Kibbe.

The medical center in Boston’s South End has sheltered more than 400 families for overnight stays so far in 2023 – most of whom were from Haiti, according to Kibbe. Last year, the hospital sheltered more than 600 families, he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/29/us/haitian-migrants-boston-hospital-lobby/index.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson