Author Topic: Not So Fast, NBC News, An Increase in Pollen Indicates Plants are Thriving, That’s Not Bad News  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Not So Fast, NBC News, An Increase in Pollen Indicates Plants are Thriving, That’s Not Bad News
By Linnea Lueken -April 28, 20230

A recent article at NBC news claims that more people are suffering from allergies than ever before due to climate change’s impact on the length of the growing season and pollen production. This may be true, but the framing ignores the obvious benefits of increased plant growth like longer growing seasons for food crops, and expanded forests and lush ecosystems which support pollinators and other wildlife.

The article, “Adults are getting allergies for the first time. Thanks, climate change,” asserts that more and more people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s are suffering from seasonal allergies that they had never previously experienced. The cause of this is supposedly climate change, more specifically, warming leading to the earlier bloom of trees and other plants which, with longer growing seasons, produce more pollen.

NBC News’ Erica Edwards writes:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/not-so-fast-nbc-news-an-increase-in-pollen-indicates-plants-are-thriving-thats-not-bad-news/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson