Author Topic: California’s Retail Electricity Price Highest in the Continental U.S. & More than Double the Western  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California’s Retail Electricity Price Highest in the Continental U.S. & More than Double the Western U.S. Average Price
22 hours ago Guest Blogger 61 Comments

Guest essay by Larry Hamlin

During the last 25 years (the period inclusive of 1999 to 2023) Democrats have controlled the legislature of the State of California and adopted ineffective, misguided and economically damaging energy and climate legislation that created skyrocketing electricity prices for California residents, businesses, and organizations.

The state legislature has imposed these high prices and their resulting economic consequences despite the real world reality that their politically contrived measures are completely irrelevant regarding any ability to produce globally meaningful energy and climate outcomes as addressed here.

The Democrat legislature pushed these measures claiming that they are providing global “influence” and “leadership” regarding renewable energy use and emissions reductions. 

The developing nations (led by massive coal burning China and India) totally control global energy use and emissions outcomes and have completely ignored and dismissed the Democrats efforts to “influence” and “lead” the world with their mandated and ineffective renewable energy use and emissions reduction schemes.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/08/californias-retail-electricity-price-highest-in-the-continental-u-s-more-than-double-the-western-u-s-average-price/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson