Author Topic: Federal government under Biden runs $928,000,000,000 deficit in just 7 months  (Read 7094 times)

Online libertybele

How much went to Ukraine???  How much went to protect our border??

Federal government under Biden runs $928,000,000,000 deficit in just 7 months

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) revealed the federal government under President Biden has run a near-$1 trillion federal deficit in the "first seven months of fiscal year 2023."

CBO’s report dropped on Monday, giving lawmakers insight into the current state of the federal deficit.

The nonpartisan agency found that in the first seven months of FY2023 alone, the federal government has racked up $928,000,000,000.

"The federal budget deficit was $928 billion in the first seven months of fiscal year 2023, the Congressional Budget Office estimates—$568 billion more than the shortfall recorded during the same period last year," CBO wrote on Monday.

"Revenues were 10 percent lower and outlays were 8 percent higher from October through April than they were during the same period in fiscal year 2022," the agency continued.

CBO wrote that shifts "in the timing of certain payments affect that comparison.".............

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=10.0

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

That's $928 billion in inflationary cash that got created out of thin air and dumped into the economy.  Or another way of looking at it, that is $928 billion in value that was stolen from everyone through higher prices.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,it  costs a lot of money to import voters into the US,register them to vote,provide them with food,housing,medical care,welfare,and a ride to the polling places on election day.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

That's $928 billion in inflationary cash that got created out of thin air and dumped into the economy.  Or another way of looking at it, that is $928 billion in value that was stolen from everyone through higher prices.

And this is why those of us who call ourselves conservatives on this board emphasize debts and deficits over the protests of the Trump populists. If you want to see an example of were our current fiscal situation is taking us, Argentina and Greece are our future if we continue down this path.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Well,it  costs a lot of money to import voters into the US,register them to vote,provide them with food,housing,medical care,welfare,and a ride to the polling places on election day.

You believe the reason we have such an out of control debt and deficits is because of illegal immigration????

In fact, based on your posting history, if the article was the same, but it was Trump instead of Biden, you would be defending the spending

At least, I hope this gives you Trump populists some understanding why conservatives emphasize controlling spending and it isn’t about “me, me ME DAMMIT!”   Lol
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:31:57 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And this is why those of us who call ourselves conservatives on this board emphasize debts and deficits over the protests of the Trump populists. If you want to see an example of were our current fiscal situation is taking us, Argentina and Greece are our future if we continue down this path.

@LMAO

OK,I'll bite.

HOW is Rude Orange Man responsible for this? Not only is he NOT the President,he isn't even  a congresscritter.

Online roamer_1

OK,I'll bite.

HOW is Rude Orange Man responsible for this? Not only is he NOT the President,he isn't even  a congresscritter.

@sneakypete

TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.

Next.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You believe the reason we have such an out of control debt and deficits is because of illegal immigration????

In fact, based on your posting history, if the article was the same, but it was Trump instead of Biden, you would be defending the spending

At least, I hope this gives you Trump populists some understanding why conservatives emphasize controlling spending and it isn’t about “me, me ME DAMMIT!”   Lol

@LMAO

Yeah,what the hell,why don't we just ignore it,right?

Trump lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

Then again,there seems to be plenty  of room and plenty of air in there,so why not?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Yeah,what the hell,why don't we just ignore it,right?

Trump lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

Then again,there seems to be plenty  of room and plenty of air in there,so why not?

I just call out hypocrisy when I see it. Whenever there’s any condemnation of Donald Trump when it comes to our debt, you either make excuses for him, or tell other posters they are selfish for wanting to cut spending

But now that it’s Joe Biden doing the same thing,the debt and deficit is suddenly a concern of yours
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 03:16:05 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

I just call out hypocrisy when I see it. Whenever there’s any condemnation of Donald Trump, when it comes to our debt, you either make excuses for him, or tell other posters they are selfish for wanting to cut spending

But now that it’s Joe Biden doing the same thing,the debt and deficit is suddenly a concern of yours

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

OK,I'll bite.

Well, let’s use your argument. You claimed that the out-of-control spending under Trump was all there before he got into office. So then why don’t we apply the same standard to to Biden?

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

Well, let’s use your argument. You claimed that the out-of-control spending under Trump was all there before he got into office. So then why don’t we apply the same standard to to Biden?

:bingo:

Online Hoodat

But . . . but . . . but that's differnt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Timeline of US Debt-  (I generously exptrapolated where needed

1st Trillion 1790-1982 - 192 yrs.
2nd Trillion 1982-1986- 4 yrs.
3rd Trillion 1986- 1990- 4 yrs.
4th Trillion- 1990- 1992- 3 yrs.
5th Trillion-  1993-1996- 3 yrs.
6th Trillion- 1997- 2001- 4 yrs.
7th Trillion- 2001- 2004- 3 yrs
8th Trillion- 2004- 2005- 1yr.
9th Trillion- 2005-2007- 2 yrs,
10th Trillion- 2007-2008- 1 yr.
11th Trillion- 2008-2008 6 mo.
12th Trillion- 2008-2009- 6 mo.
13th Trillion- 2010 -5 mo.
14th Trillion- 2010-2011- 5 mo.
15th Trillion- 2011-2012- 4 mo.
16th Trillion- 2012- 3 mo.
17th Trillion- 2012-2013- 15 mo.
18th Trillion- 2014-2015 -13 mo.
19th Trillion- 2015-2016- 9 mo.
20th Trillion- 2016-2017- 8 mo.
21st Trillion- 2017-2018- 11 mo.

Article I found with the data ended.  But if you further extrapolate an addtional $10T over 5 years that means we add about another "T" per every 6 months.
Anyone wonder why the cliff is near?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 04:19:02 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Timeline of US Debt-  (I generously exptrapolated where needed

1st Trillion 1790-1982 - 192 yrs.
2nd Trillion 1982-1986- 4 yrs.
3rd Trillion 1986- 1990- 4 yrs.
4th Trillion- 1990- 1992- 3 yrs.
5th Trillion-  1993-1996- 3 yrs.
6th Trillion- 1997- 2001- 4 yrs.
7th Trillion- 2001- 2004- 3 yrs
8th Trillion- 2004- 2005- 1yr.
9th Trillion- 2005-2007- 2 yrs,
10th Trillion- 2007-2008- 1 yr.
11th Trillion- 2008-2008 6 mo.
12th Trillion- 2008-2009- 6 mo.
13th Trillion- 2010 -5 mo.
14th Trillion- 2010-2011- 5 mo.
15th Trillion- 2011-2012- 4 mo.
16th Trillion- 2012- 3 mo.
17th Trillion- 2012-2013- 15 mo.
18th Trillion- 2014-2015 -13 mo.
19th Trillion- 2015-2016- 9 mo.
20th Trillion- 2016-2017- 8 mo.
21st Trillion- 2017-2018- 11 mo.

Article I found with the data ended.  But if you further extrapolate an addtional $10T over 5 years that means we add about another "T" per every 6 months.
Anyone wonder why the cliff is near?

And this is why Donald Trump cannot get anywhere near the White House again. We all knew that when it came to spending, Joe Biden was going to be a complete disaster. But that doesn’t mean it’s going be any different if the out of control spending has an “R” label behind it. Donald Trump has not only not found religion on spending from his first four years, he’s promising to be even worse.

If someone wants a “bomb thrower”  in the White House, there’s no more devastating bomb to throw than currency devaluation and fiscal insolvency.

So I’m not surprised that under Biden, our fiscal situation is getting much worse. But there’s no compelling argument you can give me why I should vote for somebody that promises, if elected, to continue that.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Uhhhh,maybe because Biden represents a cabal of both Dim and RINO career politicians who  are destroying  the country for personal power and profits. You,and people like you,seem happy  to ignore this,while dumping on Trump for not clearing the situation up in one term.

Not that he,or anyone else is capable of doing that. We didn't get to where we are overnight,and we are not going to escape that destiny overnight.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Uhhhh,maybe because Biden represents a cabal of both Dim and RINO career politicians who  are destroying  the country for personal power and profits. You,and people like you,seem happy  to ignore this,while dumping on Trump for not clearing the situation up in one term.

Not that he,or anyone else is capable of doing that. We didn't get to where we are overnight,and we are not going to escape that destiny overnight.

This reply does not address your blatant hypocrisy when it comes to this issue. Trump made little to no attempt to clear this situation up and is promising to be worse on this issue in a second term

You’ve defended Trump on the spending. Even made the nonsensical claim that he wasn’t responsible for any of the spending on his watch as that spending was already agreed upon before he got into office. Trump was not an island of fiscal responsibility surrounded by big spenders. In fact, he stated we should keep borrowing because interest rates were low.

So, based on the claim you yourself made, Biden is not responsible for the deficits as that was already agreed upon by the previous administration

It’s a claim you’ve made, not I

So spin anyway you want. Blame others for pointing out your hypocrisy and assign people positions they themselves haven’t taken if it makes you feel any better. But your posting history gives you away

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:34:11 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This reply does not address your blatant hypocrisy when it comes to this issue. Trump made little to no attempt to clear this situation up and is promising to be worse on this issue in a second term

You’ve defended Trump on the spending. Even made the nonsensical claim that he wasn’t responsible for any of the spending on his watch as that spending was already agreed upon before he got into office. Trump was not an island of fiscal responsibility surrounded by big spenders. In fact, he stated we should keep borrowing because interest rates were low.

So, based on the claim you yourself made, Biden is not responsible for the deficits as that was already agreed upon by the previous administration

It’s a claim you’ve made, not I

So spin anyway you want. Blame others for pointing out your hypocrisy and assign people positions they themselves haven’t taken if it makes you feel any better. But your posting history gives you away

@LMAO

You just go ahead and keep supporting the status quo,the same political creatures and their clones that got us in the position we are in now,if that is what gives you the warm and fuzzies.

Just don't try to keep selling us the lie that you want change. You don't.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You just go ahead and keep supporting the status quo,the same political creatures and their clones that got us in the position we are in now,if that is what gives you the warm and fuzzies.

Just don't try to keep selling us the lie that you want change. You don't.

This reply still does not address your hypocrisy on the spending issue. I simply pointed out a position that you have taken in the past when it comes to Trump on spending.

Your nonsensical position that Trump wasn’t responsible for the debt because those were all spending bills that were agreed-upon by a former president and congress was the position you took.

You’ve also attacked members who have stated the need to cut and control spending

But now that it’s on Biden’s watch that spending is getting out of control, you sure are changing your tune real quick. All of a sudden, fiscal issues concern you. Myself and others have not changed our position on deficits and spending

I can easily find your posting history that confirms this if you’d like me to

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This reply still does not address your hypocrisy on the spending issue. I simply pointed out a position that you have taken in the past when it comes to Trump on spending.

Your nonsensical position that Trump wasn’t responsible for the debt because those were all spending bills that were agreed-upon by a former president and congress was the position you took.

You’ve also attacked members who have stated the need to cut and control spending

But now that it’s on Biden’s watch that spending is getting out of control, you sure are changing your tune real quick. All of a sudden, fiscal issues concern you. Myself and others have not changed our position on deficits and spending

I can easily find your posting history that confirms this if you’d like me to

@LMAO

You misunderstand. I am merely  critical of your entire focus on spending. It is the "be all and end all" of your political mindset,and while it IS a serious issue,it ain't the whole package.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
@LMAO

Are you insane?  Clearing it up?  He has and was the worst offending budget busting POTUS in US history.  You have gone off the rails, and I feel sorry for you in that you don't have any basic understanding of the most simple of tenants of fiscal responsibility.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You misunderstand. I am merely  critical of your entire focus on spending. It is the "be all and end all" of your political mindset,and while it IS a serious issue,it ain't the whole package.

You’re trying to desperately change the subject…lol. Your first post was rightfully critical of the out-of-control spending under the Biden regime. Yet you have a history of defending Donald Trump on the same issue.

I just simply called you out on your hypocrisy on spending. When Biden engages in the out of control spending, you don’t seem to particularly like that.

But when Trump does it, he’s either the victim, or we’re all selfish for wanting to control spending. You can’t run away from your posting history.

You can’t have it both ways. Maybe you can explain to us why Biden inceasing our debt the way he has is better or worse than Trump doing it. This should be good.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:12:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Are you insane?  Clearing it up?  He has and was the worst offending budget busting POTUS in US history.  You have gone off the rails, and I feel sorry for you in that you don't have any basic understanding of the most simple of tenants of fiscal responsibility.

Actually, his posts on this subject is exactly the problem that happens in Washington DC. The party out of power is the party that’s concerned about spending issues. Once a  party gets into power, then any fiscal responsibility seems to go out the window.

I can understand voting for a politician because you like a particular position they take. But it’s the “everything they do is good” is the problem

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:15:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

Actually, his posts on this subject is exactly the problem that happens in Washington DC. The party out of power is the party that’s concerned about spending issues. Once a  party gets into power, then any fiscal responsibility seems to go out the window.

I can understand voting for a politician because you like a particular position they take. But it’s the “everything they do is good” is the problem

I am in concurrence that deficit spending has been a uni-party issue since the Reagan era.  But anyone claiming that DJT had no complicity has no credibility with me.

Offline LMAO

I am in concurrence that deficit spending has been a uni-party issue since the Reagan era.  But anyone claiming that DJT had no complicity has no credibility with me.

I had the same debate with an Obama backer on this very issue several years ago. They blasted all the money that we spent and borrowed under George Bush, yet made every excuse in the world for Barack Obama.

But they could never truly explain why one was better or worse than the other. It’s maddening. But it illustrates what we’re up against
MAGAs are like Obama-ites in more ways than not

If one’s position is that unsustainable spending isn’t that big of an issue, then what is? History shows what happens to countries that continue on the path we’re on. And bomb throwing doesn’t fix that.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:20:47 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater