Author Topic: Army UH-60 Fleet Faces 2-Year Delay in Receiving New Engines  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MILITARY
Army UH-60 Fleet Faces 2-Year Delay in Receiving New Engines
by SOFREP

The United States Army estimates that its UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopters will have to wait two years longer than expected before receiving their next-generation engines.

The Army’s Black Hawk and Apache aircraft will use the new GE Aerospace’s T901 engine, replacing its current 1970s-era T700. Additionally, this engine is the Army’s preferred option for its Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft.

However, the Improved Turbine Engine Program (ITEP), which is the program tasked with building the engines, is facing delays in its production because of issues with the supply chain and the advanced manufacturing of new parts that plagued them during the onslaught of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://sofrep.com/news/army-uh-60-fleet-faces-2-year-delay-in-receiving-new-engines/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson