Author Topic: Chicago Prosecutor Quits in Disgust: ‘Increase in Crime of All Kinds, I Will Not Raise My Son Here,  (Read 915 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Prosecutor Quits in Disgust: ‘Increase in Crime of All Kinds, I Will Not Raise My Son Here, My Entire Family Is Leaving’
David HawkinsMay 7, 2023 - 3:47 pm10 Comments

A 20-year veteran prosecutor has quit the Cook County state’s attorney’s office and will move his family out of Illinois.

Assistant State’s Attorney Jason Poje blasted Chicago’s leadership and cited rising crime and the politicians who do nothing to stop it as a reason for leaving the state.

In a statement announcing his departure, Poje said he can’t raise his son in the state and is moving his “entire family” out of Illinois.

Poje sent a blistering goodbye email to 85 colleagues that said: “After 20 years, I always kind of figured an email like this would start with ‘It is with a heavy heart that I leave…’

“The truth is, I can’t get out of here fast enough.

https://slaynews.com/news/chicago-prosecutor-quits-in-disgust-increase-in-crime-of-all-kinds-i-will-not-raise-my-son-here-my-entire-family-is-leaving-the-state-of-illinois/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As Chicago Crime Wave Soars, Police Advise Business Owners to Install Bulletproof Glass
By Mike Miller | 2:30 PM on May 06, 2023

Does the above headline read like a satire piece from The Babylon Bee? It should. As Chicago’s violent crime wave continues with no end in sight, the Chicago Police Department is actually advising business owners to install bulletproof glass to protect themselves. How reassuring — and insane.

But, it’s no parody; it’s true:

As reported by Fox Business, the Chicago Police Department (CPD) is advising business owners in Wicker Park, a neighborhood in the West Town community area of Chicago, and Humbolt Park — also on the city’s West Side — to install ArmorPlast, an “invisible shatterproof shield produced by a company called Riot Glass,” to protect themselves and their businesses from armed robbery, or worse.

Neither outgoing Mayor Lori Lightfoot nor incoming Mayor Brandon Johnson were available for comment.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/05/06/as-chicago-crime-wave-soars-police-advise-business-owners-to-install-bulletproof-glass-n742011
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Give me your money or your windows DIE!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online andy58-in-nh

Do they really want to stop such crime immediately?

Good:

Shoot the looters.

Jail the thieves.

Problem solved.

But that's not really the city government's goal, now is it?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

That's a really strong letter.  Watch the AG's office now try to get him disciplined by the State bar association.

Offline Mod2

Moved to Illinois category.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote:
"Do they really want to stop such crime immediately?
Good:
Shoot the looters.
Jail the thieves.
Problem solved."

That's how it will be done, eventually, but not by the police.

It will be done by quasi-armies of vigilantes, in groups large enough that even the police will be intimidated. The color of their clothing may be uniform, although I can't predict what color will be used...