Author Topic: FBI: Colombians drugged US soldiers, stole money, phones  (Read 108 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FBI: Colombians drugged US soldiers, stole money, phones
« on: May 08, 2023, 04:20:38 pm »
FBI: Colombians drugged US soldiers, stole money, phones
By TERRY SPENCER
May 5, 2023
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Three Colombian nationals are facing federal charges in Miami accusing them of drugging two U.S. Army soldiers at a Bogota bar three years ago to steal their debit and credit cards and their phones, U.S. law enforcement officials announced Friday.

Jeffersson Arango, Kenneth Uribe and Pedro Silva have been indicted on kidnapping, assault and conspiracy charges for the alleged March 2020 drugging, abduction and robbery that left the soldiers with little memory of what happened.

According to court documents, the soldiers went to an upscale Bogota bar late one night shortly before most of the world shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic to drink, watch a soccer game and dance with local women.

Hours later, one soldier was found stumbling down a Bogota street and the other was found passed out in his apartment, with both missing their wallets, cellphones and other possessions. Blood tests showed they had been drugged.

https://apnews.com/article/colombia-united-states-soldiers-kidnapped-drugged-eaa1d46901bee3d838419d25194da6bd
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson