Author Topic: A Key Trump-Era Policy’s End Will Be The ‘Demise’ Of The US’ Immigration Courts, Experts Say  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Key Trump-Era Policy’s End Will Be The ‘Demise’ Of The US’ Immigration Courts, Experts Say

JENNIE TAER AND JASON PICCOLO CONTRIBUTOR
May 07, 20234:08 PM ET

Title 42, the Trump-era public health order, ending May 11 will break the U.S. immigration court system, according to a senior Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) official, who spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation, a former U.S. immigration judge and recent data showing the extent of the immigration court backlog.

The number of cases the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) oversees continues to rise, more than tripling to 1,791,304 pending cases in 2022, with 313,849 completed.

“Title 42 ending will be the demise of the immigration court system,” a senior ICE official close to the matter and not authorized to speak publicly, told the DCNF.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/key-trump-era-policy%92s-end-will-%91demise%92-us%92-immigration-courts-expe-408525/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson