Author Topic: ‘God is Trans’ exhibit at ‘very liberal’ NYC Catholic Church  (Read 222 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘God is Trans’ exhibit at ‘very liberal’ NYC Catholic Church raises eyebrows for take on gender identity

By Larry Celona, Kyle Schnitzer and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
May 7, 2023

A new exhibit at a “very liberal” Manhattan church is raising some eyebrows for its religious take on gender identity.

The “God is Trans: A Queer Spiritual Journey” display at the Church of St. Paul the Apostle has some parishioners scratching their heads — and seems to run counter to the Catholic Church’s stance on the transgender community.

“The church should not be promoting this,” one irate parishioner told The Post. “I understand there are transgender people. I pray for all people but enough is enough.

“It seems like they are trying to force the agenda on others,” they said. “Also, when a friend asked a priest about this they didn’t answer. You can’t put this out on the altar and then hide.

“That’s what gets the church in trouble.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/07/god-is-trans-exhibit-at-nyc-catholic-church-raises-eyebrows/

Offline Kamaji

Uh, no, He is not.  And any church that says otherwise is flouting Church doctrine.  The priests behind this madness should be removed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Blasphemy!

Some priests need to be defrocked.

This shows how far we have "come". There was a time they would have been burned at the stake.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 11:38:59 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The stupidity is mind numbing.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.