Author Topic: Sen. Sinema attacks Biden for Title 42 chaos: White House 'had two years to prepare'  (Read 337 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. Sinema attacks Biden for Title 42 chaos: White House 'had two years to prepare'

Arizona Independent Sen. Kyrsten Sinema attacked the White House on Sunday for doing nothing regarding the border crisis despite having two years to plan for the Title 42 mandate to expire.

The pandemic-era policy, which originally allowed the U.S. to expel certain migrants as a health mandate, is set to expire on Thursday. Even with the policy in place, the Biden administration has faced record levels of illegal border crossing since taking office in Jan. 2021.

"Face the Nation" host Margaret Brennan spoke with Sinema on the border crisis as well as her proposed bill to continue a similar policy at the McCain Institute's Sedona Forum. As the expiration date draws closer, however, Sinema began criticizing the White House for its inaction.

"What you introduced was a temporary two-year authority to expel migrants with an exemption for asylum claims because of the immediate title 42 expiration," Brennan said.

"That’s a Band-Aid," Sinema responded. "The Biden administration had two years to prepare for this and did not do so. Our state is going to bear the brunt. Migrants will be in crisis as soon as next week. It will be a humanitarian crisis because we’re not prepared. The legislation we introduced yesterday is ability tiding this over, giving us time and space for the Biden administration to do their job and for us legislators to create a plan to get through the House and Senate."..................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-sinema-attacks-biden-title-42-chaos-white-house-two-years-prepare
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

"Border czar." More like Moronic Czar.

Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman
Why has “border czar” Kamala Harris not been to the border ahead of the end of Title 42?
The last time she was there was almost TWO YEARS ago.
12:17 PM · May 8, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
"Border czar." More like Moronic Czar.

Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman
Why has “border czar” Kamala Harris not been to the border ahead of the end of Title 42?
The last time she was there was almost TWO YEARS ago.
12:17 PM · May 8, 2023

Ronna I can appreciate your input but you've had years to ensure GOP election integrity.  What have you been doing?  Time to look in the mirror at your own failures.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CNN’s Chalian: We Already Have ‘Chaos’ Around Title 42 Ending and We’ll Have More

IAN HANCHETT9 May 202319
2:12
On Monday’s “CNN Political Briefing,” CNN Political Director David Chalian stated that the “chaos” around the lifting of Title 42 has started, but “is just beginning.”

Chalian said, “So, officials are bracing for a surge of migrants at the border, which would exacerbate an already challenging humanitarian crisis amid unprecedented mass migration in the Western Hemisphere. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has already seen an uptick in migrants leading up to this coming Thursday, and a Homeland Security official said 25,000 migrants are already in custody with facilities over capacity. The Biden administration continues to say they have a plan in place, which includes a return to decades-old protocols. But lawmakers from both parties are criticizing the administration, including Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.”

After playing clips from Abbott and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), Chalian stated, “Now, Gov. Abbott has also complicated this issue for the Biden administration by continuing to send migrants to Democratic-led cities…an internal Adams administration memo in New York says that more than 37,000 migrants are currently in the city’s care and New York is anticipating 800 migrants a day after Title 42 comes to an end. So, to deal with this expected surge, Mayor Adams announced he’s going to be sending willing migrants to Rockland County, just north of New York City. But, of course, Rockland County is not at all happy about that, claiming Adams didn’t give them any heads-up and that they don’t have the proper infrastructure for this influx. Rockland County declared a state of emergency. Meanwhile, El Paso, TX, a border town, has also declared a state of emergency, as hundreds of migrants are already camping out on the streets, and the city is bracing for many more individuals after Title 42 officially expires. So, the chaos is just beginning.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/09/cnns-chalian-we-already-have-chaos-around-title-42-ending-and-well-have-more/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Closed’ Border Farce Takes the Stage as Title 42 Curtain Lifts
May 08, 2023

In the run-up to the lifting of Title 42 public-health protocols this week, the Border Patrol is expecting 700,000 migrants sheltering in Mexico to flood this country. And there’s much more to come as huge surges in northbound traffic are being reported across Central America.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas appears unfazed, or perhaps confused. “The border is not open, it has not been open, and it will not be open subsequent to May 11,” he blithely declared in Texas last week.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called Mayorkas’ risible statement a “flat-out lie or total ignorance. Everybody in America knows that the border is not closed.”

On Sunday, aerial cameras showed a massive line snaking across the Rio Grande from Matamoros to Brownsville, Texas. In the first four days of May, more than 8,000 asylum seekers had made their way into the U.S. from Mexico, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sources.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/05/08/closed-border-farce-takes-stage-title-42-curtain-lifts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If 700,000 Americans lined up on Canada's border, do you suppose they would rush 1,500 troops to the border to do paperwork in order to head off the crisis? :#@$%:
Thomas Jefferson