Author Topic: At Least 7 Dead At U.S.-Mexico Border, Multiple Injured After Car Mows Over Pedestrians: Reports  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
At Least 7 Dead At U.S.-Mexico Border, Multiple Injured After Car Mows Over Pedestrians: Reports
By  Ryan Saavedra

May 7, 2023   DailyWire.com

Multiple people died on Sunday in South Texas at the U.S.-Mexico border after a vehicle reportedly ran over more than a dozen people, many of whom were migrants.

Video of the aftermath showed numerous bodies severely disfigured, including victims who had missing limbs, with the road and sidewalk covered in blood.

ABC News reported that the incident happened in Brownsville, Texas, which is right across the border from Matamoros, Mexico, and has resulted in at least seven deaths and at least six more suffering injuries. Mexican media said that the number of people injured was more than 15.

Brownsville Police Department Lt. Martin Sandoval told local media that the male driver was arrested on charges of reckless driving and that he is now being treated in the hospital while under guard by authorities. Officials are conducting drug and alcohol tests on the suspect.

Sandoval said that more charges will be filed and that it is looking like this was an intentional act.

The incident happened at approximately 8:30 a.m. local time at the Ozanam Center, which was originally established to house refugees from South America.

This story has been updated to include additional information.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/at-least-7-dead-at-u-s-mexico-border-multiple-injured-after-car-mows-over-pedestrians-reports
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Meh.  Illegal aliens.  If they weren't trying to break into the U.S., they wouldn't have been injured.  Go home!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

This mass murderer - like the Allen, TX, mall shooter - allegedly also hispanic. The Brownsville incident said to be intentional (though I don't know on what basis).

https://twitter.com/nicksortor/status/1655269733049008132
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

This mass murderer - like the Allen, TX, mall shooter - allegedly also hispanic. The Brownsville incident said to be intentional (though I don't know on what basis).

https://twitter.com/nicksortor/status/1655269733049008132

Demonstrating that the problem isn't the existence of tools that can be turned into weapons - e.g., guns - but the existence of a murderous mentality on the part of the person who uses those tools for murderous ends.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GRAPHIC VIDEO: 7 Killed in Possibly Intentional Crash Into Bus Stop near Border Homeless Shelter, Say Texas Cops

BROWNSVILLE, Texas — Police are investigating a fatal crash in Brownsville, Texas, where at least seven people died and several others sustained various injuries. The crash occurred near a homeless shelter that has been catering to migrants released by Border Patrol. Police say they currently believe the crash may have been intentional.

WARNING

https://twitter.com/johnspectator/status/1655278440608587776

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/05/07/graphic-video-7-killed-in-possibly-intentional-crash-into-bus-stop-near-border-homeless-shelter-say-texas-cops/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Driver in Deadly Texas Car Ramming Identified Only as Hispanic Man

Law enforcement officers investigate the scene after a deadly incident where a car ran into pedestrians near Ozanam Center, a shelter for migrants and homeless, in Brownsville, Texas, U.S.
May 7, 2023. REUTERS/John Faulk

Reuters and Washington Free Beacon Staff
May 8, 2023
(Reuters)—At least eight pedestrians were killed and several others injured on Sunday when an SUV mowed down people near a homeless shelter that attends to migrants in Brownsville, Texas, police said.

The male driver was in custody, Lieutenant Martin Sandoval of the Brownsville Police Department said, adding he was charged with reckless driving and could face additional charges.

Sandoval said the driver, a Hispanic man, is being "uncooperative" with authorities. Police have resorted to fingerprinting the man in an effort to determine his identity. Police are also awaiting the results of a blood and toxicology test on the driver, Sandoval said.

Sandoval said the victims in the morning crash were waiting at a bus stop near Ozanam Center, a shelter for the homeless used by migrants. He said some migrants were among the dead.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/driver-in-deadly-texas-car-ramming-identified-only-as-hispanic-man/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 04:30:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 8, 2023 11:51am EDT
Police ID suspect after car plowed into crowd outside Texas migrant center
George Alvarez, 34, identified as driver who struck crowd outside of migrant shelter in Brownsville, Texas
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

The driver suspected of ramming an SUV into a crowd of pedestrians who were waiting at a bus stop outside a migrant center in Brownsville, Texas, on Sunday has been identified.

George Alvarez, 34, was behind the wheel of the Range Rover that struck 18 people outside Brownsville's Ozanam Center, a shelter for migrants and homeless people in the community, Brownsville Police Chief Felix Sauceda told reporters Monday.

Alvarez, whom police said has a long rap sheet, has been formally charged and arraigned on 8 counts of manslaughter and 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He was already charged with reckless driving in the early stages of the investigation.

The victims were waiting at a city bus stop next to the center at roughly 8:30 a.m. Sunday, when the crash occurred.

Six people were killed at the scene, and two others died later, police said. Nearly a dozen others were injured and rushed to area hospitals.

Officials previously confirmed that all eight people who died in the crash were migrants.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-id-suspect-after-car-plowed-into-crowd-outside-texas-migrant-center
Support the USO

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm sure the MSM was hoping for a white male so this must really bum them out.  I guess they can always claim he's part of the vast right wing conspiracy. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well, that narrows it down.  :whistle:

Here (from FOX News):

George Alvarez, 34, was behind the wheel of the Range Rover that struck 18 people, killing eight, outside Brownsville's Ozanam Center, a shelter for migrants and homeless people in the community, Brownsville Police Chief Felix Sauceda told reporters Monday.

Alvarez, whom police said has a long rap sheet, has been formally charged and arraigned on 8 counts of manslaughter and 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He was already charged with reckless driving in the early stages of the investigation.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 04:46:30 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

I'm sure the MSM was hoping for a white male so this must really bum them out.  I guess they can always claim he's part of the vast right wing conspiracy. :headbang:

They'll claim he had a RWDS patch on his shirt somewhere, making him a member in good standing of the "Right Wing Death Squad", whatever the h*ll that is.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘I don’t feel welcome’: Crash survivor feels driver targeted migrants at bus stop
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: May 8, 2023 / 08:05 PM CDT

Updated: May 8, 2023 / 08:05 PM CDT

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (Border Report) — The deaths of eight men at a bus stop across from a migrant shelter in Brownsville, Texas was being called a “hate crime” by some and “tragic accident” by others, as a memorial for the victims grew with visitors on Monday.

At least 10 others were injured Sunday when a gray SUV plowed into the group that was waiting for a city bus across from the nonprofit Ozanam Center, an overnight shelter that helps migrants.

The driver, who police on Monday identified as George Alvarez, 34, has been charged with eight counts of manslaughter and 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. His bond was set at $3.6 million, and he has a lengthy criminal record, Brownsville Police Chief Felix Sauceda said Monday.

A memorial of wreaths and flowers and candles has formed in Brownsville, Texas, where 8 men were killed and 10 other injured at a bus stop across from a migrant shelter. (Sandra Sanchez/Border Report)

Police name suspect accused of hitting 18 at Texas bus stop, killing 8
Alvarez crashed onto the sidewalk where many were waiting for a city bus. He then attempted to flee, but was held down by people at the scene, Sauceda said. The SUV had run a red light, lost control and flipped on its side when it struck 18 people, including several from Venezuela, Sauceda said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/i-dont-feel-welcome-crash-survivor-feels-driver-targeted-migrants-at-bus-stop/
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Note the name of the driver.  You know the media is searching for a way to turn this into a white hate crime. :tongue2:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

To the subject of the title line:  If you don't feel welcome, then get the h*ll out of my country and go back to your own, you sniveling PoS.