Author Topic: Role of US troops in Sudan to shift as Biden administration sees no quick end to fighting  (Read 89 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Role of US troops in Sudan to shift as Biden administration sees no quick end to fighting
BY ELLEN MITCHELL - 05/04/23 4:31 PM ET

The Defense Department’s help in evacuating U.S. citizens from Sudan is set to shift as the State Department’s mission there changes, Pentagon deputy spokesperson Sabrina Singh said Thursday.

“We will make decisions about how and when to move U.S. forces when the conditions are right to do so,” Singh told reporters. She declined to say what changes were coming. 

Singh added that the U.S. military is still prepared to offer support in the country if asked.

American troops, through U.S. Africa Command, have been helping U.S. citizens and others escape Sudan amid fighting between warring military factions in the country known as the Sudanese Armed Forces and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF).

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3988867-role-of-us-troops-in-sudan-to-shift-as-biden-administration-sees-no-quick-end-to-fighting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson