Author Topic: ‘Jaws’ star Richard Dreyfuss slams new Oscars diversity rules  (Read 257 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Jaws’ star Richard Dreyfuss slams new Oscars diversity rules

By Nicholas McEntyre
May 7, 2023

Hollywood’s new diversity rules are making one actor sick.

Legendary actor Richard Dreyfuss condemned the inclusivity changes that will be implemented for next year’s Oscars, saying the new standards “make me vomit.”

“This is an art form. It’s also a form of commerce, and it makes money. But it’s an art,” Dreyfuss said on PBS’ “Firing Line with Margaret Hoover.” “And no one should be telling me as an artist that I have to give in to the latest, most current idea of what morality is.”

Dreyfuss, who famously played Matt Hooper in the 1975 horror film “Jaws,” claimed the standards were legislating people’s feelings.

“What are we risking? Are we really risking hurting people’s feelings? You can’t legislate that. And– you have to let life be life. And I’m sorry, I don’t think that there is a minority or a majority in the country that has to be catered to like that,” Dreyfuss added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/07/richard-dreyfuss-slams-oscars-new-diversity-standards/

Offline Hoodat

Re: ‘Jaws’ star Richard Dreyfuss slams new Oscars diversity rules
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 03:20:18 pm »
Dreyfuss needs to make up his mind which side he is on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-