Author Topic: Durbin: Tangled Web Around Justice Thomas ‘Gets Worse and Worse by the Day’  (Read 453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: Tangled Web Around Justice Thomas ‘Gets Worse and Worse by the Day’

Pam Key 7 May 2023

Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that ethics questions around Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas are getting “worse by the day.”

Durbin said, “Well, I can tell you that the conclusion most people would reach is that this tangled web around Justice Clarence Thomas just gets worse and worse by the day. I don’t know what is going to come up next. I thought I heard it all. But disclosures about his activities just embarrasses me. The question is whether it embarrasses the Supreme Court and the chief justice. Chief Justice Roberts has the power in his hands to change this first thing tomorrow morning. He could announce a code of conduct for the court that finally means something. He could announce the court will be subject to at least the minimal standards that apply to all other federal judges. This is the Robert’s court. History is going to judge him by the decision he makes on this. He has the power to make the difference.”

He added, “Everything is on the table — day after day, week after week, more and more disclosures about Justice Thomas. We cannot ignore them. The thing we’ll do first, obviously, is gather the evidence. The information we need to draw our conclusions. I am not ruling out anything.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/07/durbin-tangled-web-around-justice-thomas-gets-worse-and-worse-by-the-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

No, Durbin, that is not the conclusion most reasonable people would come to.  Most reasonable people would conclude that there was a concerted effort by the democrats to smear a black man who refused to toe the democrat party plantation line.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No, Durbin, that is not the conclusion most reasonable people would come to.  Most reasonable people would conclude that there was a concerted effort by the democrats to smear a black man who refused to toe the democrat party plantation line.
888high58888 :yowsa: pointing-up Precisely!

The 'web of allegations' is being woven by a complicit media, trying to smear a good man by mere weight of accusation, Ignoring the seminal principle of American Jurisprudence that all are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt, as determined by a jury of their peers.

If there was anything of sufficient weight to bring charges, that would have been done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis