Author Topic: ‘We cannot allow THIS lawlessness’: Sharpton calls for charges against man who subdued Jordan Neely  (Read 530 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘We cannot allow THIS lawlessness’: Sharpton calls for charges against man who subdued Jordan Neely
May 7, 2023 | Melissa Fine

Because he never misses an opportunity to toss some gasoline on a volatile situation, the Rev. Al Sharpton is demanding that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg bring criminal charges against Daniel Penny, the 24-year-old Marine who placed Jordan Neely in a chokehold, and against the two unidentified men who helped subdue him.

The controversial civil rights icon acknowledged that an investigation into Neely’s death was not yet complete, but why wait for that to make up your mind about prosecuting those involved? Perception, it seems, is all that really matters.

“I talked to the D.A.’s office,” Sharpton told the crowd at his weekly Saturday rally. “I said, I know y’all got to do an investigation — do what you gotta do, I’m not attacking nobody — but I’m saying, this man needs to be prosecuted, ’cause what you will do if you do not prosecute him in my judgment is you will set a standard of vigilantism that we cannot tolerate.”

“The precedent alone is a threat to all of us,” Sharpton stated, according to the Washington Examiner. “We cannot allow this lawlessness to go unchecked.”

Neely, 30, was a mentally ill, frequently homeless drug addict who once did Michael Jackson impersonations for tips. He had been arrested 44 times on charges like assault and disorderly conduct, American Wire News reported.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/05/07/we-cannot-allow-this-lawlessness-sharpton-calls-for-charges-against-man-who-subdued-jordan-neely-1356782/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But Black people being lawless is OK?

FUAS, you racist sonofab*tch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Seems to me Al was responsible for a tailor being killed in that place he called  'hymietown' so n****r needs to shut up about lawlessness cause his folks is nothing but the KKK in black.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Communist-tied activist group driving Jordan Neely protests received donations from Soros', Zuckerberg's foundations
Candace Hathaway
May 09, 2023
George Soros' and Mark Zuckerberg's foundations previously donated to an activist group with communist ties that has recently been promoting protests over the death of Jordan Neely, a homeless man from New York City who was restrained on the subway by a Marine, the Daily Caller News Foundation reported.

On May 1, 30-year-old Neely, who had 42 prior arrests, reportedly behaved erratically and became aggressive while on New York City's northbound F train.  ...

New York's Voices of Community Activists and Leaders, an organization dedicated to empowering low-income individuals, promoted the demonstrations and encouraged its members to participate.  ... The organization has previously received significant donations from groups funded by George Soros and Mark Zuckerberg.

From 2017 to 2021, VOCAL received $982,000 from Soros' Open Society Foundations. The organization partnered with the Communist Party USA's New York Young Communist League to spend $100,000 of those funds to prevent evictions during the COVID lockdowns.

The New York Young Communist League has been outspoken in supporting the Neely protests.

In 2019, Zuckerberg's FWD.us Education Fund donated $100,000 to VOCAL. ...
The Blaze
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Stoooooopid question time ... did the nutjob thug-wannabe die solely to being choked? My understanding is that he died, not on the subway train, but later in a hospital. Or were his and and the Marine's violent actions more than his not very healthy body could sustain?

I'm so old that I can remember when DAs did not prosecute people for defending themselves and for defending others.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 08:40:20 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Stoooooopid question time ... did the nutjob thug-wannabe die solely to being choked? My understanding is that he died, not on the subway train, but later in a hospital. Or were his and and the Marine's violent actions more than his not very healthy body could sustain?

I'm so old that I can remember when DAs did not prosecute people for defending themselves and for defending others.

I haven't seen anything as to the actual cause of death. Only that some ME ruled it a homicide. And I have also asked question of what really happened after medical personnel took over. 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

Charles Gasparino
@CGasparino
The MSM has such a short memory, particularly when it comes to @TheRevAl. "The Rev" as he is know affectionately by reporters here has a long history of stoking racial tensions. Remember that as he weighs in on the Daniel Penny story, and remember this: MASSACRE AT FREDDY'S IN HARLEM: FIRE FUELED BY ANTI-SEMITISM KILLS 8
1:39 PM · May 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

I haven't seen anything as to the actual cause of death. Only that some ME ruled it a homicide. And I have also asked question of what really happened after medical personnel took over.

From https://www.britannica.com/topic/homicide :

homicide, the killing of one human being by another. Homicide is a general term and may refer to a noncriminal act as well as the criminal act of murder. Some homicides are considered justifiable, such as the killing of a person to prevent the commission of a serious felony or to aid a representative of the law. Other homicides are said to be excusable, as when a person kills in self-defense. A criminal homicide is one that is not regarded by the applicable criminal code as justifiable or excusable. ...

Whether Penny did injury that would have killed anyone, regardless of medical attention, or the trauma overwhelmed the thug's not very healthy and possibly drug-fueled body, the bottom line is that Penny defended himself and prevented threatened harm to other passengers (Penny could not know that the thug was violent and had attempted murder before, though that means that Penny's instinct of taking the thug's threats seriously was correct).

Speaking more generally, when police can't or won't (Ferguson Effect) do what is necessary to protect people and property, ordinary people will protect themselves, their family and friends, and their property. It may not be done with fine judgment or precisely, but people will defend themselves.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 02:02:24 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Whether Penny did injury that would have killed anyone, regardless of medical attention, or the trauma overwhelmed the thug's not very healthy and possibly drug-fueled body, the bottom line is that Penny defended himself...

@PeteS in CA

Only playing Devil's Advocate here...nothing more.  Fully support the Marine, but
I've read reports that have Penny approaching and grabbing Neely from behind as he was in the middle of one of his threatening rants.

... and prevented threatened harm to other passengers (Penny could not know that the thug was violent and had attempted murder before, though that means that Penny's instinct of taking the thug's threats seriously was correct).

IOW, he was "lucky"?  Lucky that Neely's bio didn't say he was just a loud-mouthed teddy bear.

Which makes him 'unlucky' he isn't Black and Neely, White.   happy77

It's unfortunate that every person in that railroad car wasn't required to give an oral statement as to what they observed, because in the end, Neely bleeped around and found out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

Grabbed the guy from behind? Good thinking and timing. The guy forgot about what can happen if one of the people he was threatening got behind him.

"Lucky"? Good situation assessment would be more accurate.

"Unlucky"? Well, race-baiters gonna race-bait. At least he'll be facing 12 jurors instead of 6 pallbearers, and many Americans view him as a hero, so the race-baiters may not be able to ruin his future.