Author Topic: Over $300M allocated for 'non-citizens' waiting in immigration process  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Over $300M allocated for 'non-citizens' waiting in immigration process
The U.S. humanitarian aid will be allocated to communities assisting with people waiting for immigration proceedings to move forward.

By: Scripps News StaffPosted at 6:45 PM, May 05, 2023 and last updated 8:45 PM, May 05, 2023
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced on Friday that the Emergency Food and Shelter Program’s National Board would allocate $332.5 million in humanitarian aid to help areas of the U.S. that are taking in non-citizens who are waiting during immigration proceedings.

Thirty-five local governments and service organizations are set to receive the aid.

DHS said that later this year $360 million in additional humanitarian assistance funds will be released through the department's Shelter and Services Grant Program.

Recent Stories from denver7.com

The allocation was made possible through the Consolidated Appropriations Act which was signed into law by President Joe Biden on Dec. 29, 2022.

https://www.denver7.com/over-300m-allocated-for-non-citizens-waiting-in-immigration-process
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson