Author Topic: Kansas and Colorado to regulate flashing turbine lights on wind farms after growing complaints from  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Kansas and Colorado to regulate flashing turbine lights on wind farms after growing complaints from residents
Friday, May 05, 2023 by: Belle Carter

(Natural News) Kansas and Colorado will now regulate flashing turbine lights in wind farms after residents complained of light pollution.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) provides standards for wind turbine lighting to ensure it is visible to pilots. Under the agency’s rules, this includes red flashing lights on top of each turbine, flashing 30 times per minute.

But residents of rural areas have complained of these lights as an eyesore and have made them feel like they live on an airport runway. They alleged that these turbine lights have ruined their view of the night sky and disrupted the bucolic stillness that defined their counties. (Related: Can you see stars? Light pollution to blame for hiding wonders in the night sky, warn experts.)

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-05-05-kansas-colorado-regulate-turbine-lights-wind-farms.html#
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson