Author Topic: 150 Migrants Found on One Texas Freight Train near Border  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
150 Migrants Found on One Texas Freight Train near Border
« on: May 07, 2023, 12:34:17 pm »
150 Migrants Found on One Texas Freight Train near Border

RANDY CLARK6 May 2023134

Kinney County Sheriff’s deputies found an estimated 150 migrants stowed away on a freight train near Spofford, Texas, hoping to escape the border region. The deputies summoned additional law enforcement officers to assist in boarding and searching the rail cars on Friday afternoon. In all, 86 migrants were removed from the train and turned over to the Border Patrol. An estimated 70 or more migrants managed to run onto nearby ranches and escape from the authorities.

According to Kinney County Sheriff Brad Coe, some of the migrants were riding on the rooftop of several grain cars and were easily visible from a farm-to-market road adjacent to the railroad tracks. After spotting the migrants, Coe’s deputies, with the help of other law enforcement officers, arrested as many of the migrants as they could. Coe said dozens of migrants, at least 70 by his estimation, managed to escape.

The sheriff told Breitbart Texas that the migrant group on board the freight train was one of the largest he has seen. Coe, a retired Border Patrol manager and current Sheriff of Kinney County is no stranger to dealing with migrant traffic in the county. “What struck me as surprising is that some were not hidden and were openly riding on the roof of the cars — that’s unusual,” he emphasized.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/05/06/150-migrants-found-on-one-texas-freight-train-near-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson