Author Topic: Two American vehicle companies recall over 600 electric trucks due to safety issues  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two American vehicle companies recall over 600 electric trucks due to safety issues
04/21/2023 / By Arsenio Toledo

American vehicle companies Volvo Trucks North America and Nikola Corporation are recalling several hundred of their electric trucks due to safety issues.

Volvo agreed to recall certain Volvo VNR Electric trucks manufactured between 2020 to 2023 due to issues with their adaptive cruise control systems, causing over-aggressive braking that makes the risk of an out-of-control situation far too high.

“During an adaptive cruise control braking event under light load conditions, regenerative braking could be aggressive with the potential of locking brakes and alternating anti-skid braking events, skidding the rear axle,” the Department of Transportation‘s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said about Volvo’s recalled vehicles.

https://www.climate.news/2023-04-21-companies-recall-600-electric-trucks-safety-issues.html#
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson