Author Topic: Sorry, Fortune, Threats to Bat Populations Include Climate Solutions, Not Climate Change  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sorry, Fortune, Threats to Bat Populations Include Climate Solutions, Not Climate Change
By H. Sterling Burnett -April 18, 20230

Fortune, among other mainstream media outlets, published a story claiming climate change poses a serious threat to bat populations in North America. Bat populations do face a number of threats, but the evidence indicates climate change is not prominent among them. By contrast, green energy projects undertaken to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and thus the threat of climate change, are directly harming bat populations.

The Fortune story, “Scientists light the bat signal on climate change as study finds 81 of North America’s 154 bats face ‘severe population decline’ over 15 years,” cites a report published by Bat Conservation International (BCI) which estimates that 52 percent of bat species in North America are at risk of populations declining severely in the next 15 years. According to the report and the reporting on it, the decline is due to a variety of factors, most prominent among them when you read the report are habitat loss and roost disturbance, white-nose disease, forest management practices, wind energy development, and climate change.

Not surprisingly, because it provides the mainstream media’s daily dose of climate change alarm, the press focused on climate change as the main factor in bat species’ declines. Yet, BCI’s report provides no evidence climate change is having any direct effect on bats, as opposed to the deaths directly caused by the other factors discussed.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/sorry-fortune-threats-to-bat-populations-include-climate-solutions-not-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson