Author Topic: Florida bill banning Chinese citizens from buying land passes, moves to Gov. DeSantis  (Read 743 times)

Online libertybele

I expect DeSantis to sign this bill. Other governors/states legislatures need to follow.

Florida bill banning Chinese citizens from buying land passes, moves to Gov. DeSantis

A Florida bill banning Chinese citizens from owning land in the state has passed the Florida Legislature and will head to Gov. Ron Desantis to be signed into law.

Bill SB 264, titled "SB 264: Interests of Foreign Countries," prohibits Chinese citizens from “purchasing or acquiring real property” in Florida or having more than a small “indirect interest in such real property.”

The priority bill had bipartisan support from the state's legislators, who cited national security concerns for its passage. The bill passed the House with a 95-17 vote and the Senate with a 31-8 vote.

A previous version of bill SB 264, which was filed in March and then amended by the House, restricted citizens from “foreign adversaries” from purchasing land. Foreign adversaries were defined as China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela and Syria..................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-bill-banning-chinese-citizens-021816824.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Waiting for Trump's surrogates to tell us all how this is a bad thing.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, well, well.

Looks like Florida has gotten the gumption to pass its own updated version of the "Chinese Exclusion Act" of the 1800's.

More power to 'em, but... let's see if they can successfully defend this in court. Which is where it's sure to end up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Waiting for Trump's surrogates to tell us all how this is a bad thing.

@GtHawk

This is nothing more than a good place to START.

NO foreigner should be allowed to own land/property in the US.

This restriction should include foreign corporations and other businesses.

I don't  even know why this hasn't been the law all along,or why there is even any discussion needed  on this subject.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, well, well.

Looks like Florida has gotten the gumption to pass its own updated version of the "Chinese Exclusion Act" of the 1800's.

More power to 'em, but... let's see if they can successfully defend this in court. Which is where it's sure to end up.

@Fishrrman

I think it would be tough for them to defend this law if foreigners from other nations were allowed that option.

Online libertybele

@Fishrrman

I think it would be tough for them to defend this law if foreigners from other nations were allowed that option.

The bill doesn't just exclude China, but also Russia, Syria, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Florida bill banning Chinese citizens...

Let's just go with that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The bill doesn't just exclude China, but also Russia, Syria, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela

@libertybele

EXCELLENT news,thank you!