Author Topic: Man pleads guilty to hate crime after torching Colorado Christian church  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
May 5, 2023
Man pleads guilty to hate crime after torching Colorado Christian church
Sexton faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for the arson.

Hannah Nightingale
Washington DC
May 5, 2023
3 Minute Read

A Colorado man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime in connection to a fire set in a Loveland, Colorado church in January.

22-year-old Darion Ray Sexton admitted to intentionally setting fire to the church on January 19, the Justice Department said in a press release. According to Fox 31, the arson occurred at Abiding Love Lutheran Church.

Sexton admitted that he set fire to the church by throwing two Molotov cocktails inside, one through the front door and another into he basement. He further admitted that "he was motivated to set this fire due to the religious character of the church and that he intended to destroy the church," the press release stated.

https://thepostmillennial.com/man-pleads-guilty-to-hate-crime-after-torching-colorado-christian-church?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now that he has his name in front of Colorado voters, I think he plans to run for governor as a democrat. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Rather surprising. I thought hate crimes went only one way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Rather surprising. I thought hate crimes went only one way.
While the arsonist was a White boy so I guess they went with White Nazi Supremacist Militia.