Author Topic: I met Venezuelans scamming the asylum system en masse to get into the US  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I met Venezuelans scamming the asylum system en masse to get into the US
By Todd Bensman
May 4, 2023 8:24pm  Updated

JUAREZ, MEXICO — Venezuelans are one of the highest-volume immigrant nationalities to have crossed the southern border during this historic mass-migration crisis, now in its third year, with 5 million foreign-national border crossers in the country.

All Venezuelans have been or will be let into America to stay on asylum or humanitarian claims that presume they are directly fleeing Venezuelan government persecution or face some other imminent danger back home.

But that widespread narrative is largely a fable.

Most Venezuelan border crossers have been living for years, safely, happily and prosperously in other countries.

This fact means a massive fraud is underway as Venezuelans become a main feature of an expected mass rush on the border after the midnight May 11 demise of the pandemic-era Title 42 rapid-expulsion policy that has been holding some back.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/i-met-venezuelans-who-are-scamming-the-asylum-system-en-masse-to-get-into-the-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson