Author Topic: What Climate Pledge? India’s Coal Production Soars 23% In 5 Years  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY SAURAV ANAND ON MAY 5, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

What Climate Pledge? India’s Coal Production Soars 23% In 5 Years

india coal miningIndia’s domestic coal production surged by around 23% over the past five years, reaching 893.08 million tons in the 2022-23 fiscal year, according to the Ministry of Coal.

This noteworthy growth has been driven by state-owned mining companies Coal India Limited (CIL) and SCCL, as well as captive and other mines. [emphasis, links added]

Coal India has seen production increase by 15.9% over the same period, while SCCL has shown a production growth of 4.3%.

With an ambitious annual coal production target of 1,012 million tons set for the 2023-2024 fiscal year, the Ministry of Coal is implementing a range of measures to bolster domestic production, enhance self-reliance, and ensure sufficient coal stocks at thermal power plants.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/what-climate-pledge-indias-coal-production-soars-23-in-5-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson