Author Topic: The Guardian, Temperatures, Misinformation (Part 1)  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Guardian, Temperatures, Misinformation (Part 1)
« on: May 06, 2023, 11:08:14 am »
The Guardian, Temperatures, Misinformation (Part 1)
May 5, 2023 By jennifer 4 Comments

I have just sent the following to Environment Reporter,
The Guardian | Australia

Hi Graham (Readfearn)

I received an email from you late yesterday indicating you are writing a story, which I assume you are publishing in The Guardian this weekend. I am of the impression that it will suggest my research into the Bureau of Meteorology’s temperature data over the last decade amounts to ‘harassment’ and ‘misinformation’. I also understand that you will primarily cite the work of former Bureau chief Greg Ayers in defence of the Bureau’s current methods and its non-compliance with World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) recommendations, which are for the measurement of air temperatures as a numerical average rather than an instantaneous spot reading from electronic equipment.

You have asked for a response by 1 pm today. There is a lot to cover, and I only have a limited amount of time, moreover, I am fitting this response in among other commitments; therefore, I am labelling this Part 1. I will post Part 1 on my blog, with the intention of providing additional details in Part 2 when I have more time, and after the publication of your article.

1. LET’S NOT CONFUSE TEMPERATURE SERIES

I assume your immediate interest follows the provision of a limited amount of parallel data for Brisbane Airport following the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Hearing on 3 February that I attended with John Abbot. I note, however, that in the subject line of your email you write: ‘Acorn-Sat and temperature records – response.’

https://jennifermarohasy.com/2023/05/the-guardian-temperatures-misinformation-part-1/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson