Author Topic: Electricity Statism and Misdirection: Introducing Doug Lewin’s “Texas Energy and Power Newsletter” (  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electricity Statism and Misdirection: Introducing Doug Lewin’s “Texas Energy and Power Newsletter” (well-funded propaganda)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- May 5, 2023

“The supply-side reliability fix offered by the Texas Senate is a direct response to the February 2021 carnage created by, yes, wind and solar taking over a once reliable grid. It is a hard-wired governmental solution to a soft-wired governmental problem. But there is an alternative. Free markets, anyone?”

The big guns of climate alarmism and forced energy transformation are out to prevent Texas from shoring up its grid from the cancer of wind and solar. Out of the blue, the Texas Energy and Power Newsletter (Substack) appears, with the message that renewables are not the problem but the solution, complemented by, in Doug Lewin’s words, “Fast-acting reciprocating engines, batteries, geothermal power, and demand response [to] help with both resource adequacy and operational flexibility.”

In denial about the wounded supply side–where the obvious solution is to demote (government-enabled) intermittent resources–the answer is “smart meters” in the home so Big Brother can oversee demand. “In fact,” states Lewin,

there are 1 million smart thermostats on Texans’ walls right now that are not being used at all! Creating incentives for Texas families to reduce their power use when supplies get tight would create a massive dispatchable resource that could help this summer.

https://www.masterresource.org/texas/electricity-statism-and-misdirection-doug-lewin-texas-energy-and-power-newsletter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson