Author Topic: UC Berkeley scholar apologizes for being 'White' after identifying as Native American  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

UC Berkeley scholar apologizes for being 'White' after identifying as Native American
Story by Alexander Hall • Yesterday 7:00 AM

University of California, Berkeley, one of the most famous colleges in California, faces a firestorm of controversy after one of its academics admitted she was mistaken about her racial background, after appearing to benefit from it for years.

On Monday, UC Berkeley professor Elizabeth Hoover apologized for being a "white person who has incorrectly identified as Native my whole life."

Hoover, an Ivy League-educated expert on environmental health and food justice in Native American communities, further apologized for causing harm by "uncritically living an identity based on family stories without seeking out a documented connection to these communities."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uc-berkeley-scholar-apologizes-for-being-white-after-identifying-as-native-american/ar-AA1aMkmD?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fb5b33c79582408dbe9e7e2594353896&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another academic fauxchohantas like Elizabeth Warren! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

I was born in the US. I'm a native - a native American.
Prove me wrong.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org