Author Topic: Bud Light Parent Cans Ad Agency In Wake Of Dylan Mulvaney Debacle: REPORT  (Read 416 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light Parent Cans Ad Agency In Wake Of Dylan Mulvaney Debacle: REPORT

Laurel Duggan
Social Issues and Culture Reporter
May 05, 2023 3:53 PM ET
Font Size:

Anheuser-Busch told its U.S. beer distributors it had fired the advertising agency responsible for the partnership between Bud Light and transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, according to The New York Post.

Anheuser-Busch, Bud Light’s parent company, recently sent a commemorative can of beer to Mulvaney to celebrate the influencer’s “365 Days of Girlhood” series, sparking swift backlash, boycotts and plummeting sales. Anheuser-Busch told distributors that the specialty can was not designed by Anheuser-Busch and wasn’t created in one of its facilities, and that the company had ended its relationship with the advertising firm behind the idea, according to The Post, who cited multiple sources.

“Ad agencies send out hundreds of influencer kits a year, some of which have a customized can included. This was one of those situations,” one Texas-based distributor told The Post.

The identity of the advertising firm isn’t clear, according to the Post.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/05/bud-light-cans-ad-agency-dylan-mulvaney/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Doesn't matter. Heads still rolling...
Will be exactly right here until there is a sincere apology.
and groveling. Lots of groveling.

When the APR week 4 comes out, I expect all that will begin to commence.
Because it is going to show WAY, WAY more than a quarter lost in sales.

And the moral of the story is: Stock prices and courting investors don't mean sh*t if you can't sell something. Get woke, go broke. FAFO.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I know the talking point is "they hate Dylan because she's trans" but that misses the point.

It's not that Dylan claims he is a she. (And yes, I will "misgender" him because everything I have seen suggests to me that this particular case is a blatant act and ploy for attention, even if there is such an authentic notion as "gender identity.") It is that Dylan is an influencer. Influencers rank among lawyers and car salesmen as the most annoying, least trustworthy occupations, a profession that people of all ages and backgrounds almost universally loathe. "Influencing" is nothing more than turning your personal life into commercials; it's dishonest and people see right through it.

Hopefully this is the end of the influencer era, the notion that brands can just pay people with social media followings—basically, those famous for being famous—to shill for them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

I know the talking point is "they hate Dylan because she's trans" but that misses the point.

It's not that Dylan claims he is a she. (And yes, I will "misgender" him because everything I have seen suggests to me that this particular case is a blatant act and ploy for attention, even if there is such an authentic notion as "gender identity.") It is that Dylan is an influencer. Influencers rank among lawyers and car salesmen as the most annoying, least trustworthy occupations, a profession that people of all ages and backgrounds almost universally loathe. "Influencing" is nothing more than turning your personal life into commercials; it's dishonest and people see right through it.

Hopefully this is the end of the influencer era, the notion that brands can just pay people with social media followings—basically, those famous for being famous—to shill for them.

No, part of the point is exactly a bias... Throw a twink tranny into a biker bar or cowboy bar... into a NASCAR event... Into anyplace where men are men, and see what happens... the outcome will be predictable.

There will not be acceptance, for the very same reason  that most men will not accept trannies as women, and certainly most men will not date them (date being a polite placeholder for all the intent that a date enables)... In fact, there will mostly be a violent denial.

If that bias is not credible and legitimate, then I invite you to correct it - I certainly will not.

In the end, the Butt Light thing is the point of a spear having everything to do with folks getting fed all the way up with this woke sh*t getting shoved unceremoniously down our throats (implied pun not necessarily intended).