Author Topic: Roller coaster riders stranded after new ride breaks down in fan, media preview  (Read 358 times)

Online libertybele

My last roller coaster ride was about 5 years ago.  After I got off the next group got stranded and I decided no more for the day. Now with health issues, no more go carts, roller coaster rides or water park slides.  I had a blast though while it lasted!

Roller coaster riders stranded after new ride breaks down in fan, media preview

Cedar Point's newest coaster is proving to be trickier than a mouse.

The Wild Mouse roller coaster stopped abruptly Thursday amid a preview for roller coaster enthusiasts and the media at the Sandusky, Ohio park.

Passengers on cars had to be rescued by park personnel.

One of the cars stopped atop one of the coaster's highest points, while the other stopped amid the winding turns closer to the ground.

he passengers, who were not injured, had to climb down safety staircases after the coaster stopped unexpectedly twice during the previews.

The park's newest coaster is a mere mouse among giants.

The Sandusky amusement park's Millennium roller coaster reaches a staggering height of 310 feet and a top speed 93 mph.

The new Wild Mouse roller coaster reaches some 52 feet in height and has a top speed of 35 miles per hour.............

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/roller-coaster-riders-stranded-ride-140316072.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

Many years ago, the State Fair had a roller coaster called the Wild Mouse. It was an old timey wood 'coaster. They tore it down years ago due to safety issues. Well...it was old. :laugh: It was without a doubt one of the scariest, best Roller Coasters I ever rode. Just the sounds it made could scare ya silly.

As much as I love coasters...they are way out of my ability to ride these days. 9999hair out0000

Online libertybele

Many years ago, the State Fair had a roller coaster called the Wild Mouse. It was an old timey wood 'coaster. They tore it down years ago due to safety issues. Well...it was old. :laugh: It was without a doubt one of the scariest, best Roller Coasters I ever rode. Just the sounds it made could scare ya silly.

As much as I love coasters...they are way out of my ability to ride these days. 9999hair out0000

Once old age truly settles in, we can no longer be kids.  It happens sooner or later. I was in my sixties when I had my last go cart ride, so I'll consider myself lucky; though it's probably why my back is such a disaster.  I haven't been to a rock concert in several years; but I enjoyed many and my loss of hearing is a testimony.  I am glad I enjoyed those things while I could.  No regrets.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

Once old age truly settles in, we can no longer be kids.  It happens sooner or later. I was in my sixties when I had my last go cart ride, so I'll consider myself lucky; though it's probably why my back is such a disaster.  I haven't been to a rock concert in several years; but I enjoyed many and my loss of hearing is a testimony.  I am glad I enjoyed those things while I could.  No regrets.

No regrets at all! happy77 It's just not fun being a grown up. But it was sure fun while it lasted.