Author Topic: Clarence Thomas’s problems multiply at Supreme Court  (Read 1954 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Clarence Thomas’s problems multiply at Supreme Court
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2023, 01:05:46 am »
No one. That's the problem as far as the Dems are concerned. Here is an educated, intelligent, black man who didn't get where he is because of set-asides, quotas, or 'Equity' programs, but instead achieved through hard work and arrived in his position because of merit.
He is one of the best Justices of this century.

Which means any of the folks on the Democrat Plantation could do the same if they have the grit and determination.

THAT flies in the face of the entire song and dance the Democrats have been preaching for the last 60 years. Can't have that, can they?

Only thing they can do is try to tear down his accomplishments by trying to make them seem they were unfairly done. Which is why the whole character assassination campaign has been going from the git-go.

@Smokin Joe

I STRONGLY disagree with the part I highlighted in bold. There are damn few people of ANY race who have the determination,the drive,and the intelligence to achieve what he has achieved.

Race has/had nothing to do with it. It was all about having the good luck to  have been born VERY determined as well as VERY intelligent,and then have the drive to suceed where damn few have even dared to venture.

Being black was no real handicap to him because it was irrelevant. And REMAINS irrelevant, despite the best efforts of the left to try to denigrate his accomplishments.

Thomas is NOT a symbol of success for intelligent black youth to follow,he is a symbol for EVERYONE to follow that has that level of ability and drive.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2023, 05:05:42 am »
@Smokin Joe

I STRONGLY disagree with the part I highlighted in bold. There are damn few people of ANY race who have the determination,the drive,and the intelligence to achieve what he has achieved.

Race has/had nothing to do with it. It was all about having the good luck to  have been born VERY determined as well as VERY intelligent,and then have the drive to suceed where damn few have even dared to venture.

Being black was no real handicap to him because it was irrelevant. And REMAINS irrelevant, despite the best efforts of the left to try to denigrate his accomplishments.

Thomas is NOT a symbol of success for intelligent black youth to follow,he is a symbol for EVERYONE to follow that has that level of ability and drive.
What's the difference between a genius on skid row and one in a penthouse?

Grit and determination. I'm not saying Clarence Thomas's skin color has anything to do with his accomplishments, quite the opposite. He IS a very intelligent man who has applied himself. Reread the part you put in bold and there is a word there, Pete: "IF".

I'm not saying everyone on the Democrat Plantation is of the raw ability Clarence Thomas is, far from that, but within their capabilities grit and determination will determine whether they remain a slug on the dole, or whether they accomplish things well beyond their peers.

What the Democrats have fits about, the reason for the vitriol, is that Clarence Thomas has achieved without any of the nonsense they insist he could not have achieved anything without.

While the Leftists and their race hustlers tell the black population (and other minorities, except the Asians who generally have the grit and determination to succeed) that they are being held down, or held back, and it's all someone else's fault they aren't prosperous, Clarence Thomas is the person who absolutely proves them wrong.

Dear God, Pete, if that idea caught on, that people don't need the micromanagement of the Democrats and all the handouts to be successful, then buying votes with handouts wouldn't mean shit--and that would cost the Left all its power base.

Some ideas can't be tolerated by the Left if they are to remain in power, as much as they are, and THAT is one that absolutely cannot be allowed to catch on, or the Democrats lose their victim base and everyone walks off the Plantation. That, in a nutshell, is why the Democrats hate him, not just because he is an originalist when it comes to Constitutional interpretation.

For that matter, any person who could be lumped into a minority group who is a conservative is a threat to the Left. Anyone who believes that merit should be a basis for success is anathema to them,

I'm not minimizing Justice Thomas' accomplishments,here, he has my utmost and abiding respect. By the time i hold anyone in that regard, their race is irrelevant, at least to me--not that I worry much about that among the people I know,because I have only met three kinds of people in my lifetime: solid folks you can count on, people I'd rather not know, and folks I don't know well enough to say. They come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

I'm saying the reason the Left hates him is that he proves their bullshit about Conservatives holding anyone down to be just that. It's the Leftists who fill young minds with crap about how they can never amount to anything and need the Leftists to provide for them, when Thomas is a shining example of just how untrue that is.

So the Left has to make it look like he somehow unfairly accomplished all he has, so they can keep the Plantation going.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 05:09:57 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 05:12:02 am »

So the Left has to make it look like he somehow unfairly accomplished all he has, so they can keep the Plantation going.

@Smokin Joe

Seems like we are in total agreement,and just saying the same thing in different ways.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2023, 05:14:06 am »
@Smokin Joe

Seems like we are in total agreement,and just saying the same thing in different ways.
Yep.  :beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 01:40:20 pm »
What's the difference between a genius on skid row and one in a penthouse?

Grit and determination. I'm not saying Clarence Thomas's skin color has anything to do with his accomplishments, quite the opposite. He IS a very intelligent man who has applied himself. Reread the part you put in bold and there is a word there, Pete: "IF".

I'm not saying everyone on the Democrat Plantation is of the raw ability Clarence Thomas is, far from that, but within their capabilities grit and determination will determine whether they remain a slug on the dole, or whether they accomplish things well beyond their peers.

What the Democrats have fits about, the reason for the vitriol, is that Clarence Thomas has achieved without any of the nonsense they insist he could not have achieved anything without.

While the Leftists and their race hustlers tell the black population (and other minorities, except the Asians who generally have the grit and determination to succeed) that they are being held down, or held back, and it's all someone else's fault they aren't prosperous, Clarence Thomas is the person who absolutely proves them wrong.

Dear God, Pete, if that idea caught on, that people don't need the micromanagement of the Democrats and all the handouts to be successful, then buying votes with handouts wouldn't mean shit--and that would cost the Left all its power base.

Some ideas can't be tolerated by the Left if they are to remain in power, as much as they are, and THAT is one that absolutely cannot be allowed to catch on, or the Democrats lose their victim base and everyone walks off the Plantation. That, in a nutshell, is why the Democrats hate him, not just because he is an originalist when it comes to Constitutional interpretation.

For that matter, any person who could be lumped into a minority group who is a conservative is a threat to the Left. Anyone who believes that merit should be a basis for success is anathema to them,

I'm not minimizing Justice Thomas' accomplishments,here, he has my utmost and abiding respect. By the time i hold anyone in that regard, their race is irrelevant, at least to me--not that I worry much about that among the people I know,because I have only met three kinds of people in my lifetime: solid folks you can count on, people I'd rather not know, and folks I don't know well enough to say. They come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

I'm saying the reason the Left hates him is that he proves their bullshit about Conservatives holding anyone down to be just that. It's the Leftists who fill young minds with crap about how they can never amount to anything and need the Leftists to provide for them, when Thomas is a shining example of just how untrue that is.

Post of the month @Smokin Joe and the simple fact is that minority populations were moving right on up in the world until the moment LBJ and his "Great Society" decided to "FIX" everything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 02:37:43 pm »
... the simple fact is that minority populations were moving right on up in the world until the moment LBJ and his "Great Society" decided to "FIX" everything.
Yes, and I am old enough to remember that shift in focus, from being empowered and finding a way to move up, to being 'victims'.

Consider, too, that every time any aspect of that has failed, the Leftists, when in power, have 'doubled down' rather than admit their initial premise was wrong.

In areas more completely under Leftist control since then, the damage is most profound, where their influence has been less, the damage less.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 02:40:41 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis