Author Topic: PAPER: INDECISIVE WAR WILL DEFINE FUTURE CONFLICTS  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PAPER: INDECISIVE WAR WILL DEFINE FUTURE CONFLICTS
« on: May 05, 2023, 01:40:14 pm »
PAPER: INDECISIVE WAR WILL DEFINE FUTURE CONFLICTS

Photo by: U.S. Army/Staff Sergeant Matthew Foster
Fri, 05/05/2023 - 07:08
Despite advancements in technology, the world is entering into a new era of conflict that will be defined by indecisive warfare, according to a new paper published by the Association of the U.S. Army.

In “Stalemate: Are Changes in Warfare Leading to a New Age of Indecisive War?” authors Maj. Gen. Christopher Smith, an Australian Army officer serving as deputy commanding general for strategy and plans with U.S. Army Pacific, and Maj. Ben Flores, who is serving as Smith’s executive officer, write that this new era of conflict will be defined by stalemate, close-quarter fighting and limited war aims.

“We are entering a new age of indecisive warfare … in which only limited war objectives are possible,” Smith and Flores write. “While limited warfare is nothing new, these emerging changes to warfare run counter to some prevailing narratives about contemporary and future warfare, including rapid single campaigns, grand fait accompli and high-tech, knock-out blows culminating in decisive victory. These changes might lead nations to reconsider the relative utility of war.”

https://www.ausa.org/news/paper-indecisive-war-will-define-future-conflicts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: PAPER: INDECISIVE WAR WILL DEFINE FUTURE CONFLICTS
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 10:00:20 pm »
"INDECISIVE WAR WILL DEFINE FUTURE CONFLICTS..."

...Until one side decides to go nuclear.
Then outcomes will become decisive, quickly.