Author Topic: Scientists observed that parts of the brain in charge of internal visual experience have increased a  (Read 196 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
A sudden increase in brain activity at the moment of cardiac arrest may be what causes people to see a bright white light while experiencing near-death experiences, according to a new study published on Monday.

The study, which was published in the peer-reviewed Proceedings of the National Academy of Science journal, examined the brain activity of four dying patients.

Between 10 and 20% of people who survive near-death experiences tend to describe the moment as a bright light or say that they saw dead loved ones among other visual experiences. Many people look on this skeptically, but the new study may have found a scientific explanation for this phenomenon.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/mind-and-spirit/article-741912
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online berdie

This makes sense and could very well be.

The people I have been around during the death process have seen loved ones long before the actual "cardiac arrest" event. My Mom, close to the end...asked me to turn off the light at the foot of her bed. :shrug: