Author Topic: Disney Blocks Access to Premier Military Resort  (Read 1091 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Disney Blocks Access to Premier Military Resort
« on: May 04, 2023, 10:39:02 pm »

Yes, in recent years Disney has gone woke. But until now, at least Disney hadn’t gone after military families and veterans.
By Jeffrey H. Anderson
May 3, 2023

Shortly after announcing it is suing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Disney blocked pedestrian access to and from the U.S. Armed Forces’ flagship resort in the continental United States. The decision to do so further demonstrates that the Disney of 2023 is not the Disney of 1971 (when Walt Disney World opened) or the Disney of 1955 (when Disneyland did so). Unlike modern Disney’s previous questionable actions, however, this one comes directly at the expense of U.S. military families and veterans—and needlessly and senselessly so. Moreover, the action is tied to the Reedy Creek Improvement District, over which DeSantis, the Florida legislature, and Disney have been battling.

The resort in question, the Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World, is owned and operated by the U.S. military for the benefit of current and retired military personnel and their families. It is one of just four Armed Forces Recreation Center resorts worldwide and the only one on the U.S. mainland. Located about a half-mile from Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Shades of Green enjoys a prime location that affords easy access, on foot, to Disney’s monorail system.

Or, at least it did until Monday, when Disney abruptly cut off access.

Originally opened as the Golf Resort in 1973, it became Shades of Green in 1994 after the Department of Defense leased it from Disney. Steve Bell of the website Military Disney Tips writes, “At the time all branches of the military wore some form of green utility/battle dress uniform. It was decided to call the resort Shades of Green to refer to [these] different shades of green.” According to Bell, the Defense Department bought the resort outright in 1996 for $43 million and has subsequently put another $120 million into improvements and expansions, although Disney still owns the land on which it sits.

It’s the land right next to the resort, however, that’s in question. Guests have been able to walk the roughly half-mile from Shades of Green to the Polynesian Resort and its monorail station for decades—indeed, they have apparently done so for the past half-century, dating back to 1973 and the Golf Resort days. But to do so, they’ve had to cross Floridian Way, a two-lane road (one lane each direction) that has long had a crosswalk.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/05/03/disney-blocks-access-to-premier-military-resort/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Disney Blocks Access to Premier Military Resort
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 10:41:23 pm »
Now they are punishing military families.

We have stayed there twice over the years which was a great alternative to the other pricey resorts with the same benefits...

Damn them all!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 10:43:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 10:42:54 pm »
The resort in question, the Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World, is owned and operated by the U.S. military.

How is Disney getting away with blocking access???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 10:42:57 pm »
Well, sh*t.

I remember when Mickey Mouse was on our side.

Walt Disney's head must be rattling in its cooler...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 10:45:32 pm »
The resort in question, the Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World, is owned and operated by the U.S. military.

How is Disney getting away with blocking access???

Not sure SOG owns the land....just guessing..
Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 10:47:16 pm »
Asinine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 10:49:10 pm »
Not sure SOG owns the land....just guessing..

Disney owns the land -  per the article.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 10:54:09 pm »
The bus system wasn't all that bad..we used it to go to all the parks and it was very efficient, hardly any wait time..

Looks like they cancelled the bus taking you to the boat dock though which we all liked...instead looks like they are taking people to the gate or you have to take your car and pay parking fees... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 11:06:45 pm »
The bus system wasn't all that bad..we used it to go to all the parks and it was very efficient, hardly any wait time..

Looks like they cancelled the bus taking you to the boat dock though which we all liked...instead looks like they are taking people to the gate or you have to take your car and pay parking fees... 9999hair out0000

??? So Disney owns the land but the military owns the resort?  I would assume then that Disney charges the military for running that resort on their land.  If I were the military, I would simply stop paying them.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 11:26:56 pm »
Well, sh*t.

I remember when Mickey Mouse was on our side.

Walt Disney's head must be rattling in its cooler...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_xSDrWg68

Doubt they would do this today
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2023, 11:39:38 pm »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_xSDrWg68

Doubt they would do this today
You know they would not.

It would expose what the Left is up to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2023, 11:44:57 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 12:28:19 am »

Yes, in recent years Disney has gone woke. But until now, at least Disney hadn’t gone after military families and veterans.
By Jeffrey H. Anderson
May 3, 2023

Shortly after announcing it is suing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Disney blocked pedestrian access to and from the U.S. Armed Forces’ flagship resort in the continental United States. The decision to do so further demonstrates that the Disney of 2023 is not the Disney of 1971 (when Walt Disney World opened) or the Disney of 1955 (when Disneyland did so). Unlike modern Disney’s previous questionable actions, however, this one comes directly at the expense of U.S. military families and veterans—and needlessly and senselessly so. Moreover, the action is tied to the Reedy Creek Improvement District, over which DeSantis, the Florida legislature, and Disney have been battling.

The resort in question, the Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World, is owned and operated by the U.S. military for the benefit of current and retired military personnel and their families. It is one of just four Armed Forces Recreation Center resorts worldwide and the only one on the U.S. mainland. Located about a half-mile from Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Shades of Green enjoys a prime location that affords easy access, on foot, to Disney’s monorail system.

Or, at least it did until Monday, when Disney abruptly cut off access.

Originally opened as the Golf Resort in 1973, it became Shades of Green in 1994 after the Department of Defense leased it from Disney. Steve Bell of the website Military Disney Tips writes, “At the time all branches of the military wore some form of green utility/battle dress uniform. It was decided to call the resort Shades of Green to refer to [these] different shades of green.” According to Bell, the Defense Department bought the resort outright in 1996 for $43 million and has subsequently put another $120 million into improvements and expansions, although Disney still owns the land on which it sits.

It’s the land right next to the resort, however, that’s in question. Guests have been able to walk the roughly half-mile from Shades of Green to the Polynesian Resort and its monorail station for decades—indeed, they have apparently done so for the past half-century, dating back to 1973 and the Golf Resort days. But to do so, they’ve had to cross Floridian Way, a two-lane road (one lane each direction) that has long had a crosswalk.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/05/03/disney-blocks-access-to-premier-military-resort/

Disney may have handed DeSantis/Florida a nice opportunity with this.  Good way to get the rest of the public pissed off at Disney.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2023, 03:02:53 am »

Looks like they cancelled the bus taking you to the boat dock though which we all liked...instead looks like they are taking people to the gate or you have to take your car and pay parking fees...

WD Parks & Resorts is managed by people who mainly care about maximizing short term profit, to the detriment of everything else.  Maybe this has always been the case, but they sure did a better job of hiding it a few years ago.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2023, 04:20:46 am »
Disney may have handed DeSantis/Florida a nice opportunity with this.  Good way to get the rest of the public pissed off at Disney.

Kinda thought the same. I hope their political pettiness gets everyone mad at them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 07:23:51 am »
Timing of this couldn't be better for DeSantis.... it proves the pedo-beast needs to be battled and not coddled like some have (due political reasons).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....