Author Topic: Hundreds of pounds of cooked pasta mysteriously dumped in New Jersey woods  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Kamaji

Hundreds of pounds of cooked pasta mysteriously dumped in New Jersey woods

By Allie Griffin
May 4, 2023

Pasta la vista!

A New Jersey town was awash with mystery after hundreds of pounds of cooked noodles inexplicably appeared along a creek bed in the woods last week — before the town cleaned up the macaroni mess.

Mounds of spaghetti and piles of other pastas, including ziti, were seemingly dumped by the stream near Veterans Park in Old Bridge, according to images posted by resident Nina Jochnowitz last Wednesday.

Jochnowitz, a former council candidate, estimated that there had to be more than 500 pounds of pasta left behind in a Facebook post where she shared the photos of the sauce-less noodles.

Her post was quickly screenshotted and shared on Reddit and Twitter where people from all over joked about the pasta fiasco and theorized its origin story with near-endless pasta-bilities and puns.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/cooked-pasta-mysteriously-dumped-in-new-jersey-woods/

Offline Kamaji

Offline GrouchoTex

CAN 100,000 GALLONS OF MARINARA SAUCE BE FAR BEHIND?

Offline Kamaji

:silly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Eh... be a wise guy an' don' ask any questions, right? Larry Linguini sleeps with the fishes and that's all you gotta know.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Post of the day!  :silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

That was my question as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And nothing is eating it?
 :pondering:
Hmmmm....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

Eh... be a wise guy an' don' ask any questions, right? Larry Linguini sleeps with the fishes and that's all you gotta know.

Larry Linguini may be sleeping under all that pasta.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Larry Linguini may be sleeping under all that pasta.

Larry sure wasn't using his noodle was he......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yankee Noodle on his way back from town.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Leave the pasta, take the cannoli.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Yankee Noodle on his way back from town.

And there you have it folks, mystery solved.   :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

Larry sure wasn't using his noodle was he......

:cool:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Hundreds of pounds of cooked pasta mysteriously dumped in New Jersey woods

By Allie Griffin
May 4, 2023

Pasta la vista!

A New Jersey town was awash with mystery after hundreds of pounds of cooked noodles inexplicably appeared along a creek bed in the woods last week — before the town cleaned up the macaroni mess.

Mounds of spaghetti and piles of other pastas, including ziti, were seemingly dumped by the stream near Veterans Park in Old Bridge, according to images posted by resident Nina Jochnowitz last Wednesday.

Jochnowitz, a former council candidate, estimated that there had to be more than 500 pounds of pasta left behind in a Facebook post where she shared the photos of the sauce-less noodles.

Her post was quickly screenshotted and shared on Reddit and Twitter where people from all over joked about the pasta fiasco and theorized its origin story with near-endless pasta-bilities and puns.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/cooked-pasta-mysteriously-dumped-in-new-jersey-woods/

@Kamaji

I was just about to post this. I heard about it right before I went to bed last night.

Old Bridge? Maybe it was someone who wanted to feed the bears and deer? Or a delivery to the Woodbridge Mall and got lost?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Macaroni Mystery solved: Illegal pasta dump in Old Bridge, NJ explained

OLD BRIDGE — The mystery behind who dumped 500 pounds of uncooked pasta in the woods next to a stream in the Middlesex County township, apparently has been solved.

According to NBC 4 New York, neighbors said the “oodles of noodles” came from a nearby house that is up for sale.

A military veteran moving out of his mother’s home after her death found the stockpile of pasta such as spaghetti, ziti, and alphabet noodles that she kept in the house, so he tossed it.

https://nj1015.com/pasta-dump-old-bridge-new-jersey-may-2023/

Offline Kamaji

Macaroni Mystery solved: Illegal pasta dump in Old Bridge, NJ explained

https://nj1015.com/pasta-dump-old-bridge-new-jersey-may-2023/

Wow.  Why didn't he try to donate it to a food pantry instead?  Pasta generally doesn't go bad very quickly.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Wow.  Why didn't he try to donate it to a food pantry instead?  Pasta generally doesn't go bad very quickly.

I’m actually upset that he didn’t donate all that pasta to a food pantry, too.

@Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

I’m actually upset that he didn’t donate all that pasta to a food pantry, too.

@Kamaji

I hope he had a good reason.

Online roamer_1

Quote from: the article

The State Department of Public Works cleaned up the noodles from the illegal dump within an hour using 15 wheelbarrows and the town’s mayor, Owen Henry said the case is now closed.

Read More: Mystery behind the illegal pasta dump in Old Bridge is solved | https://nj1015.com/pasta-dump-old-bridge-new-jersey-may-2023/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

... Annnnd took it all to the dump, where it won't do anyone any good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

That was the question I was going to ask,as well.

Besides doing a "solid" for the homeless,he could have gotten some sort of tax write-off for the donation.

Makes no sense at all to me to throw  edible food away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

... Annnnd took it all to the dump, where it won't do anyone any good.

@roamer_1

Well,the mice and rats will be too fat to run away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Well,the mice and rats will be too fat to run away.

@sneakypete

My point being that nature would have feasted... And it would all be gone anyway in a week.