Author Topic: Trump says he will ‘probably attend’ E. Jean Carroll trial to ‘confront this’  (Read 269 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump says he will ‘probably attend’ E. Jean Carroll trial to ‘confront this’
by Julia Shapero - 05/04/23 10:59 AM ET

Former President Trump said Thursday he will “probably attend” the ongoing civil trial in Manhattan over writer E. Jean Carroll’s rape allegations to “confront this.”

“I have to leave Ireland and I have to leave Scotland, where I have great properties,” Trump told reporters from a golf course in Ireland. “I have to leave early. I don’t have to, but I choose to.”

“It’s a disgrace that it’s allowed to happen,” he added. “It’s false accusations against a rich guy, or in my case, against a famous, rich and political person that’s leading the polls by 40 points.”

“I have to go back for a woman that made a false accusation about me, and I have a judge who is extremely hostile,” Trump continued. “And I’m going to go back, and I’m going to confront this. This woman is a disgrace, and it shouldn’t be allowed to happen in our country.”

Carroll came forward in 2019 with allegations that the former president raped her in a dressing room at a Bergdorf Goodman department store in the mid-1990s.

She is suing Trump for sexual battery over the alleged assault and for defamation over an October 2022 post on Truth Social that once again denied the allegations and criticized Carroll’s appearance.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3987892-trump-says-he-will-probably-attend-e-jean-carroll-trial-to-confront-this/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34