Author Topic: Report: Tucker Carlson Speaking with Donald Trump About Moderating Republican Candidate Forum  (Read 570 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Tucker Carlson Speaking with Donald Trump About Moderating Republican Candidate Forum

Wendell Husebø 4 May 2023

Tucker Carlson, the recently ousted popular Fox News anchor, has shown interest in moderating Republican candidate forums and has reportedly discussed the possibility with former President Donald Trump.

The former president and Republican primary frontrunner recently floated the idea of skipping the forums moderated by Fox News after the “hostile” network failed to seek his advice on the issue. According to the Washington Post, Carlson has spoken with Trump about displacing Fox News as the hosting moderator to “take a jab at his former employer”:

Carlson and his team have discussed the possibility of moderating a candidate forum outside of the traditional protocols surrounding the GOP primary debate system, according to two people familiar with the considerations. These people said the setup — as well as Carlson’s availability to take on that kind of role, given the noncompete constraints of his contract with Fox — remain unclear. But Carlson has personally expressed enthusiasm about the idea, according to people familiar with his comments. At least one major candidate — Trump — has told Carlson he’s interested, according to a person familiar with the exchange.

The former Fox host’s interest in a debate is said to stem in part from its potential to loosen the Republican National Committee’s grip on the process, as well as to challenge the role traditionally played by the major television networks. “He could go straight to the candidates, stream it live, invite the networks but maintain control over the process,” said one person familiar with the discussions.

https://twitter.com/sarahellison/status/1654138142000046080

Carlson’s interest in hosting the candidate forums coincides with reports that he is taking calls from networks interested in employing his services. Those networks include Trinity Broadcast Network, One America News Network, and Newsmax. “A stronger pitch has come from Newsmax, the conservative media company that has seen a prime-time ratings surge this past week at the same time Fox was losing viewers from Carlson’s old time slot,” the Post reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/04/report-tucker-carlson-speaking-with-donald-trump-about-moderating-republican-candidate-forum/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Unless you are 100% aligned with Tucker, you'd be foolish to go on anything he hosts.  As a pundit, his job is to inject his own views into everything he does.

Online Kamaji

Unless you are 100% aligned with Tucker, you'd be foolish to go on anything he hosts.  As a pundit, his job is to inject his own views into everything he does.

Quite possibly, but then again, he may understand that the role of a moderator is distinct from that of a commentator, and be adult enough to respect that difference.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:

“A stronger pitch has come from Newsmax, the conservative media company that has seen a prime-time ratings surge this past week at the same time Fox was losing viewers from Carlson’s old time slot,” the Post reported.

Newsmax was the first network to cave to Dominion back in 2021.  I hope he does not go there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
FTA:

Newsmax was the first network to cave to Dominion back in 2021.  I hope he does not go there.

They sure are throwing the pitch to him 24/7....   I am liking Newsmax as my new alternative to Fox so far.    I refuse to partake of the Orange knee padded group over at OANN.

And then......  I can't quit Gutfeld.  Even w/o writers, he is killing it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:58:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Quite possibly, but then again, he may understand that the role of a moderator is distinct from that of a commentator, and be adult enough to respect that difference.

@Kamaji

My take, too! 

Main thing...President Trump would not be sandbagged on questions regarding on going matters.

edited to add/clarify:

Speaking of these law suits and court matters involving women.  ENOUGH!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 07:27:55 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

That's possible, but once he's in the saddle asking the questions, it's too late to change.  And there's no way to know for certain how he'd work out  until he's actually in that position.

I'm not going to be a boor and repeat my previously-stated reasons why I trust nothing he says.  I'll just say that I'd think any non-Trump candidates would be foolish to agree to any debates outside the RNC debates that involve Tucker.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 07:47:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

They sure are throwing the pitch to him 24/7....   I am liking Newsmax as my new alternative to Fox so far.    I refuse to partake of the Orange knee padded group over at OANN.

And then......  I can't quit Gutfeld.  Even w/o writers, he is killing it.

Gutfeld is talented as hell.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gutfeld is talented as hell.
Yeah, they'll axe him next.

The election season FOX suicide is more likely orchestrated than just stupidity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

The election season FOX suicide is more likely orchestrated than just stupidity.

Is Fox News a 100 year later example of the 1919 Chicago Black Sox?  That's crossed my mind too.  Are the Murdochs getting billions under the table?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm an employment lawyer, and I've been involved in some investigations/termination discussions of some pretty powerful people, bank presidents, CEO's, etc..  I've seen some of those folks get the boot for saying the kind of things Tucker said in his emails.  Most often, it happens where there is a lawsuit going, the emails are found during the course of discovery, and the corporations knows that they will get absolutely hammered if it is shown they knew about it and tolerated it.

Had the Dominion lawsuit not happened, this stuff likely wouldn't have been found.  If it would have been discovered internally, with no pending lawsuit, they might not have taken him off the air either.  But once it was discovered and publicity was inevitable, I'm not at all surprised he was taken off the air.

If you're going g to say things like that, make jokes, etc., don't ever do it on a work email account. Tucker should have known better, and was a complete dumbass for doing what he did.

I know it may not seem that bad, but when corporations start seeing stuff that can cause punitive damages, they get really nervous.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:57:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »