Author Topic: Rep. Colin Allred launches Senate campaign against Ted Cruz  (Read 182 times)

Offline libertybele

Is Ted in trouble????

Rep. Colin Allred launches Senate campaign against Ted Cruz

Texas Democratic Rep. Colin Allred announced a run for US Senate on Wednesday morning, entering the race to challenge incumbent Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in 2024.

“We don’t have to be embarrassed by our senator. We can get a new one,” Allred said in his announcement video.

Allred is a former NFL player, worked in the Obama administration, and has represented Texas’ 32nd Congressional District since his first election in 2018, when he ousted GOP incumbent Rep. Pete Sessions. He won a pair of close races there before the seat became less competitive after the last round of redistricting.

Allred is also a prolific fundraiser, he ended 2022 with nearly $2 million in cash on hand, according to Federal Election Commission records. He’ll need those kinds of resources during his 2024 campaign, with Cruz’s campaign committee having a balance of $3.3 million in cash on hand at the end of 2022.

Cruz faced a stiff challenge from Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke during his 2018 reelection campaign, with Cruz ultimately winning by just under 3 points in the typically reliable red state. O’Rourke shattered fundraising records during the high-profile race, falling short in the end but galvanizing state Democrats in the process.

Cruz is seeking his third term in the Senate, having demurred on another presidential campaign after finishing second in the 2016 Republican presidential primary. While Texas law allows a candidate to run for Senate and president at the same time, in February, Cruz said “I’m running for reelection to the Senate” when asked if he would mount another bid at the White House. ............

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/03/politics/colin-allred-senate-run-2024/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Rep. Colin Allred launches Senate campaign against Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 12:50:38 am »
Pubbies in Texas may be laughing at Allred now.
But I sense that as the election grows closer, the laughter will die down.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Rep. Colin Allred launches Senate campaign against Ted Cruz
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 01:21:04 am »
Bless his heart.  Colin had 47 more tackles in the NFL than me in his 4 years.   I say vote for him 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.