Author Topic: The Elephants in The Room  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Elephants in The Room
« on: May 04, 2023, 10:57:14 am »
The Elephants in The Room
1 hour ago Guest Blogger 2 Comments
By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

The “climate hell” mentioned in the run-up to the latest COPout conference by the excitable Mr Guterres, Sekjen of the United Nations, is not a happening thing. As the New Pause in global warming lengthens inexorably, month by month, real-world global warming departs more and more visibly from what was and is predicted.

Yet the Thermageddonites, flogging the dead horse like a bull in a china shop even though the emperor has no clothes, are ignoring the elephants in the room.

Their latest wheeze is to point out that the real-world global-warming trend in the third of a century since IPCC’s First Assessment Report in 1990is greater than the trend from that year to June 2014, the month when the New Pause began. From 1990 to June 2014 the trend was 0.09 C/decade. However, despite the New Pause, the trend from 1990 to April 2023 was 50% greater, at 0.136 C/decade.

If the New Pause continues, of course, eventually the overall trend will match the trend to the beginning of the New Pause. If it continues long enough, it will fall below that prior trend, just as with the previous Long Pause.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/04/the-elephants-in-the-room/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson