Author Topic: Anheuser-Busch Begs For Forgiveness From Retailers By Giving Out 'Free Beer'  (Read 818 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anheuser-Busch Begs For Forgiveness From Retailers By Giving Out 'Free Beer'
Sarah Arnold

Anheuser-Busch is begging for forgiveness from wholesale employees in yet another attempt to do damage control as consumers continue to boycott Bud Light after partnering with a transgender influencer.

To combat a market value decrease of nearly $5 billion, Anheuser-Busch has resorted to giving out cases of free beer to every employee to "make amends" with wholesale distributors who suffered from the controversial partnership with transgender Dylan Mulvaney.

The company also plans to boost marketing spending and ramp up ad production to earn back the massive sales lost.

Figures from Bump Williams Consulting reveal that in-store sales fell 26 percent in the week ending April 22. The decline in the week prior was 21 percent, and the week before that, sales fell 11 percent.

Bump Williams, an alcohol industry analyst, said Bud Light's "compass is completely broken" with "no game plan" in mind after consumers abandoned the beer over its woke deal with Mulvaney.

The analyst expects Bud Light to be in "serious trouble" by the end of the year, taking the risk of hurting themselves further if the company does not properly address the issue.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/05/03/anheuser-busch-attempts-to-do-damage-control-once-more-free-beer-n2622796
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One case per employee? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is not a bonus, or a gift. Many on this site said Bud would have to find a way to get rid of massive overstock, including massive discounts or even 'giving it away for free'. Which is exactly what they are doing.

No doubt they are selling it overseas (who don't know or don't care) at 90% off. Turning it into livestock feed by selling off the grain, which has a critical shelf life. Hell, they may be dumping it in the harbor for all we know.

Whatever, they did it all to themselves by arrogance, trying to be 'cute' with their customers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

A full QUARTER of their sales lost in roughly two weeks. And still going...

FAFO. Get woke, and definitely go broke.

We are still at heads rolling...
missing a true apology and much groveling.

Until that happens, the beatings will continue.

And at this point, it has probably cost the CEO and everyone under him their jobs.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Oh yeah baby....

Send us all a case so we can give it the Kid Rock treatment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

I read the part where AB was giving away product that they would end up throwing away past its expiration date.  But I couldn't find the 'beg for forgiveness' part, much less the part where a mistake was acknowledged.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I read the part where AB was giving away product that they would end up throwing away past its expiration date.  But I couldn't find the 'beg for forgiveness' part, much less the part where a mistake was acknowledged.

This boycott is extremely effective... They're talking of Butt Light losing #1 slot for the first time in forever! Taken over my Modelo... WTF is Modelo?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This boycott is extremely effective... They're talking of Butt Light losing #1 slot for the first time in forever! Taken over my Modelo... WTF is Modelo?

Modelo is another brand owned by AB-inbev.  Robbing peter's sales to pay paul.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly. It's roughly 45 days from vat to skunk...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Modelo is another brand owned by AB-inbev.  Robbing peter's sales to pay paul.

I get that, but not my point. Being #2, ahead of Coors and Miller, You'd think I'd have seen one by now. Seen Tecate... seen Dos Equis ... Nary a Modelo in my life. Never heard of it.

Weird, right?

Online Wingnut

I get that, but not my point. Being #2, ahead of Coors and Miller, You'd think I'd have seen one by now. Seen Tecate... seen Dos Equis ... Nary a Modelo in my life. Never heard of it.

Weird, right?

You live near a boarder.  Think of it as Molsen or LaBatts Blue flowing over the Canadian boarder like maple syrup.   Down hear it is (was)a Mexican beer flowing over the boarder like a wetback

Offline roamer_1

You live near a boarder.  Think of it as Molsen or LaBatts Blue flowing over the Canadian boarder like maple syrup.   Down hear it is (was)a Mexican beer flowing over the boarder like a wetback

Yep... Of course I have seen plenty of Molson's... And some LaBatt's... That must be more back-east...

Just funny to me... Miller and Coors are ubiquitous around here (and everywhere I have ever been) I mean, everywhere I go, any venue is going to be Bud, Miller, or Coors. I don't think I have ever seen any other beer on a banner. Every beer fridge in every shop ever... Bud, Miller, Coors...

Yet Michelob (of all things) and some Mex beer are ahead of em...  :shrug: