Author Topic: The million dollar streets strewn with bodies contorted by the effects of fentanyl  (Read 309 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://news.sky.com/story/the-million-dollar-streets-strewn-with-bodies-contorted-by-the-effects-of-fentanyl-12871961

Bodies are strewn on the doorstep of San Francisco's main government building, contorted by the effects of fentanyl, a painkiller 100 times more potent than morphine.

We're two streets away from the headquarters of Twitter, in a city district with more billionaires than anywhere on Earth, but this has become an open-air drug market.

Trevor Pearson has been addicted to opiates for 10 years, first heroin and now fentanyl. He wants everyone to know of the devastation.

"The fact that this isn't a main issue, on TV every night, is insane to us," he says.

"I've never seen anything like it. There are regular people, square Joes on their way to work and they'll stop and hang out with me, try this drug for the first time, and then leave their life literally from that moment on, they're just out here with us."

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Drug-related deaths surged by 41% in San Francisco in the first three months of this year - with an average of one person dying of an accidental overdose every 10 hours. The drug-ravaged Tenderloin district is worst affected.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

As harsh as it may sound, this sounds like a self-correcting problem.

Yes, I know what devastation drug addiction can wreak in a family, and lost one grandson to fentanyl (in Minnesota), so, yes, I DO care, but anyone on their way to work who stops to 'try fentanyl' is not exercising the best judgement in the first place.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis