Author Topic: Army ‘night court’ returns amid recruiting crisis, looking to trim excess soldier positions  (Read 1093 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Army ‘night court’ returns amid recruiting crisis, looking to trim excess soldier positions
“If we don't turn our recruiting situation around, I can't guarantee you that the Army won't have to make some more substantial potential force structure reductions,” Army Secretary Christine Wormuth told senators.
By   ASHLEY ROQUE
on May 02, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Army 1

WASHINGTON — Army force structure changes are afoot at a time when the service is grappling with another dour recruiting year and will not hit its targets, Secretary Christine Wormuth told lawmakers today.

“We are seeing improvements in our recruiting situation… [but] the chief and I set a very ambitious goal of 65,000 new recruits this year and we are not going to make that goal,” she testified before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee. “We are doing everything we can to get as close to it as possible, but we are going to fall short of that.”

Wormuth’s prediction comes five months before fiscal 2023 ends on Sept. 30. She did not disclose how far short the Army will likely be at that point or what the final end strength number may be when retainment numbers are factored in. (Service officials had previously aimed to start FY24 with 452,000 active-duty soldiers.)

Given the situation, Army leaders are looking at stopgap measures and harking back to the days when they pared back legacy weapons programs to carve out dollars for new weapon development. Yes, a form of “night court” is back, but this time the leaders are looking at “unit priority” and deciding which positions can be chopped.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/05/army-night-court-returns-amid-recruiting-crisis-looking-to-trim-excess-soldier-positions/?_ga=2.215322519.1408566121.1682986724-1875905731.1682876698
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
First place they need to look when chopping positions is the SHARP and EO positions.

They've turned those from an additional duties to permanent duty positions within a unit all the way down to the Battalion level.

It needs to be returned to an additional duty below the division level.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
First place they need to look when chopping positions is the SHARP and EO positions.

@txradioguy

What are SHARP and EO positions? I was in the army for 7 years,and never heard of either.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

What are SHARP and EO positions? I was in the army for 7 years,and never heard of either.

SHARP = Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention

EO = Equal Opportunity

Both are 90's creations if memory serves and like I said both used to be additional duties they've grown into their own duty positions.

Both are SSG to MSG position in the MTOE of every battalion sized unit and up. That's their only job.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

EO = Equal Opportunity

Both are 90's creations if memory serves and like I said both used to be additional duties they've grown into their own duty positions.

Both are SSG to MSG position in the MTOE of every battalion sized unit and up. That's their only job.

@txradioguy

I am SOOOO glad I am not serving in the army of today. Can you even begin to imagine the chaos if I were assigned that position? I'd probably be encouraging them to off themselves and help "Make America Great Again".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 02:30:40 am by sneakypete »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What bright young healthy kid wants to be straddled within that crapola BS minefield? Sure they can be a grunt for a few years, but why join the Armed Forces when you know that the only way to upper mobility is to weave a crazy labyrinth of PC junk that has nothing to do with winning wars. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 02:58:07 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What bright young healthy kid wants to be straddled within that crapola BS minefield? Sure they can be a grunt for a few years, but why join the Armed Forces when you know that the only way to upper mobility is to weave a crazy labyrinth of PC junk that has nothing to do with winning wars.

@Sighlass

Because if you volunteer for the infantry you will,AT A MINIUM,learn small arms and small unit tactics. If you do that and then volunteer for a technical field,you might learn how to throw a monkey wrench into the digital tactical field if that becomes neccessary.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

That minefield seems to be overseen by the US equivalent of the Russian political officer.  And who wants to be in a military where the "political rules" are whatever a woke person thinks they are, and   a person always has to be looking behind his back?  Good point!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

EO = Equal Opportunity

It almost sounds like the Zampolit (political officer) position in the Soviet Army only on an enlisted level. I'm not saying that there might not be genuine individual problems in either area, but so often in civilian life, mere allegations cost people jobs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@txradioguy

I am SOOOO glad I am not serving in the army of today. Can you even begin to imagine the chaos if I were assigned that position? I'd probably be encouraging them to off themselves and help "Make America Great Again".
Somehow, Pete, I can see you (in a moment of aggravation) counseling some twit to "go ahead and get your nuts cut off..."

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It almost sounds like the Zampolit (political officer) position in the Soviet Army only on an enlisted level. I'm not saying that there might not be genuine individual problems in either area, but so often in civilian life, mere allegations cost people jobs.

@Smokin Joe

ANY NCO that would accept either job should be ashamed of himself,and is unfit to serve.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

ANY NCO that would accept either job should be ashamed of himself,and is unfit to serve.
Might be a way of forcing the good ones out, if they were ordered to take the duty, but at the same time, they'd be in a position to cut through the BS and deal with the real issues instead of the nonsense.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Might be a way of forcing the good ones out, if they were ordered to take the duty, but at the same time, they'd be in a position to cut through the BS and deal with the real issues instead of the nonsense.

They are also an avenue these days for soldiers who are in a dead end MOS a chance to get a new job and progress up the ranks.