Author Topic: Russia claims Putin targeted in drone assassination attempt, as videos circulate online  (Read 967 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 3, 2023 9:10am EDT
Russia claims Putin targeted in drone assassination attempt, as videos circulate online
Russia blames alleged attack on Ukraine, threatens retaliation
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Russian government officials are claiming Ukrainian forces attempted to kill President Vladimir Putin with a failed drone attack.

Officials say two drones were used in the "assassination attempt" at the president's residence within the Kremlin compound, but were disabled by Russian defense systems.

No injuries or damage to the residence was reported. Putin was seen in video and photos released Wednesday meeting with a regional governor outside Moscow.

The Kremlin called the incident a "terrorist action" and threatened retaliation against Ukraine in reports from state media outlet RIA.

"The Kremlin has assessed these actions as a planned terrorist act and an assassination attempt on the president on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade," RIA said.

Unconfirmed videos have begun circulating online appearing to show a drone being shot down over the Kremlin, and smoke rising in Moscow.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-claims-putin-targeted-drone-assassination-attempt-videos-circulate-online
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

More likely than not, this is a false flag operation by the Russians themselves.

After all, the mounting evidence is supporting the conclusion that the Russians blew up their own undersea gas pipeline, so this would fit right in with that mentality.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm surprised security at the Kremlin is so weak.  One would think it would have countermeasures to thwart such attacks.

My money is on false flag operation.

If there really was an attempted attack, it probably came from within the Kremlin, ala Operation Valkyrie against Hitler.

In the part of the world, poison, bullets, and "accidents" are the preferred methods of assassination, preferably with plausible denialability.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
More likely than not, this is a false flag operation by the Russians themselves.

After all, the mounting evidence is supporting the conclusion that the Russians blew up their own undersea gas pipeline, so this would fit right in with that mentality.
Agree, this would seem the typical ploy to rally the Russian people who must be very tired of seeing their young men die in Ukraine.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The general population in Russia have no idea men are dying in Ukraine.  The last reported number I saw was 1,000 in Russia.  Putin is not honest with the Russian people.

The last number of Russian casualties reported in our media some months ago was 180,000 dead or serious casualties.  Somewhere in between lies the truth.

It was reported that the best drone Ukraine has flies a distance of 100 miles, and yet Moscow is 300 miles away from the Ukraine.  So, this is definitely a false flag, but the Russian people are clueless.  They actually believe what their media reports.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The general population in Russia have no idea men are dying in Ukraine.  The last reported number I saw was 1,000 in Russia.  Putin is not honest with the Russian people.

The last number of Russian casualties reported in our media some months ago was 180,000 dead or serious casualties.  Somewhere in between lies the truth.

It was reported that the best drone Ukraine has flies a distance of 100 miles, and yet Moscow is 300 miles away from the Ukraine.  So, this is definitely a false flag, but the Russian people are clueless.  They actually believe what their media reports.

The Russian people don't have any other choice than to 'believe' their media. Speaking out just gets you dead.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
May 3, 2023 9:10am EDT
Russia claims Putin targeted in drone assassination attempt, as videos circulate online
Russia blames alleged attack on Ukraine, threatens retaliation
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Russian government officials are claiming Ukrainian forces attempted to kill President Vladimir Putin with a failed drone attack.

Officials say two drones were used in the "assassination attempt" at the president's residence within the Kremlin compound, but were disabled by Russian defense systems.

No injuries or damage to the residence was reported. Putin was seen in video and photos released Wednesday meeting with a regional governor outside Moscow.

The Kremlin called the incident a "terrorist action" and threatened retaliation against Ukraine in reports from state media outlet RIA.

"The Kremlin has assessed these actions as a planned terrorist act and an assassination attempt on the president on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade," RIA said.

Unconfirmed videos have begun circulating online appearing to show a drone being shot down over the Kremlin, and smoke rising in Moscow.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-claims-putin-targeted-drone-assassination-attempt-videos-circulate-online

Kinda hard to target the Maximum Leader of a police state,where he controls what is reported and what isn't reported.

Plus,he has a massive bodyguard force that follows him around.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

...hmmm They may actually believe what their media reports but I don't believe much of anything that our media reports.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
libertybelle,

You are right, our media is no different than that of Russia.  However, there is one small difference.  When someone speaks against our government, they do not end up dead with a bullet in their head.  Not yet anyway.  But we are marching toward that totalitarian form of governance with the Democommies and their brown shirts in the FBI. 

Offline PeteS in CA

The explosions were in early morning hours, when few people would have been in the Kremlin.

The Kremlin covers several dozen acres and the construction is massive ... it was built to be what its name means, a fortress. Tiny explosive devices on two drones, massive fortress.

Putin does not live in the Kremlin, though he apparently does have quarters there available to him.

One drone hit a dome at the highest point of the Kremlin, and the other blew up near that same dome. IOW, far above the buildings, where little or no damage could be inflicted.

IOW, no assassination attempt, and no one was in danger of more than a skinned knee from tripping after being startled.

Ukraine does not have drones capable of flying from its border with Russia to Moscow.

Between Ukraine and Moscow are 5 major anti-aircraft and -missile installations. A drone flying from Ukraine toward Moscow would have had to thread its way past at least 4 of those 5 installations, and the 5th probably has the range to take out Moscow-bound drones.

Moscow has its own ring of anti-aircraft and -missile protection. Between the installations mentioned above and this inner ring, had drones actually reached Moscow coming from Ukraine (or even somewhere between Ukraine and Moscow), the heads of the officers and non-coms commanding and operating all those facilities would have been rolling down Red Square.

Russia's anti-aircraft and -missile capabilities are probably not world-beating, but so porous that relatively slow drones could fly some 400 miles from the border to Moscow? I don't think so.

So, who are the prime suspects, IMO?

1. Putin. While the common people of Russia know little of how the war is progressing, they do hear from their fighters on and immediately behind the front line. Similarly, they see their sons and neighbors coming home in coffins or body bags. Morale has to be boosted.

2. Ultra-nationalists with allies in the anti-aircraft and -missile installations who think Putin is not being aggressive enough. They would be trying to tail-kick Putin into the level of aggression they want.

3. Much less likely, IMO, anti-Putin partisans trying to mess with Russia's military capabilities and government decision making.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

The explosions were in early morning hours, when few people would have been in the Kremlin.

The Kremlin covers several dozen acres and the construction is massive ... it was built to be what its name means, a fortress. Tiny explosive devices on two drones, massive fortress.

Putin does not live in the Kremlin, though he apparently does have quarters there available to him.

One drone hit a dome at the highest point of the Kremlin, and the other blew up near that same dome. IOW, far above the buildings, where little or no damage could be inflicted.

IOW, no assassination attempt, and no one was in danger of more than a skinned knee from tripping after being startled.

Ukraine does not have drones capable of flying from its border with Russia to Moscow.

Between Ukraine and Moscow are 5 major anti-aircraft and -missile installations. A drone flying from Ukraine toward Moscow would have had to thread its way past at least 4 of those 5 installations, and the 5th probably has the range to take out Moscow-bound drones.

Moscow has its own ring of anti-aircraft and -missile protection. Between the installations mentioned above and this inner ring, had drones actually reached Moscow coming from Ukraine (or even somewhere between Ukraine and Moscow), the heads of the officers and non-coms commanding and operating all those facilities would have been rolling down Red Square.

Russia's anti-aircraft and -missile capabilities are probably not world-beating, but so porous that relatively slow drones could fly some 400 miles from the border to Moscow? I don't think so.

So, who are the prime suspects, IMO?

1. Putin. While the common people of Russia know little of how the war is progressing, they do hear from their fighters on and immediately behind the front line. Similarly, they see their sons and neighbors coming home in coffins or body bags. Morale has to be boosted.

2. Ultra-nationalists with allies in the anti-aircraft and -missile installations who think Putin is not being aggressive enough. They would be trying to tail-kick Putin into the level of aggression they want.

3. Much less likely, IMO, anti-Putin partisans trying to mess with Russia's military capabilities and government decision making.

:thumbsup:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'll go with option number 1 @PeteS in CA . With the expectation of more such "attempts" to follow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley