Author Topic: Largest international operation against darknet trafficking of fentanyl, opioids results in record a  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 2, 2023WASHINGTON, DCCYBER CRIMES, NARCOTICS
Largest international operation against darknet trafficking of fentanyl, opioids results in record arrests, seizures

WASHINGTON — International partners, including Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and its Joint Criminal Opioid and Darknet Enforcement (JCODE) team announced the results of Operation SpecTor, which included 288 arrests — the most ever for any JCODE operation and nearly double that of the prior operation. Law enforcement conducted more seizures than any previous operation, including 117 firearms, 850 kilograms of drugs that include 64 kilograms of fentanyl or fentanyl-laced narcotics, and $53.4 million in cash and virtual currencies.

“The illicit movement of opioids poses a significant threat to public health and safety — whether by known transnational criminal gang members across international borders or anonymously through darknet spaces,” said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Senior Official Performing the Duties of Deputy Director P.J. Lechleitner. “Our HSI special agents, alongside federal and international partners, continue to aggressively investigate, disrupt and dismantle networks responsible for trafficking dangerous, deadly narcotics and other contraband across global communities we are charged with protecting. We will continue to pursue bad actors engaged in these crimes to ensure they face justice while protecting victims from these lethal substances.”

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/largest-international-operation-against-darknet-trafficking-fentanyl-opioids-results
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson