Author Topic: US Navy appointed active-duty drag queen in diversity drive to boost sinking recruitment  (Read 492 times)

Offline Kamaji

US Navy appointed active-duty drag queen in diversity drive to boost sinking recruitment

By Yaron Steinbuch
May 3, 2023

The US Navy invited an active-duty drag queen to be a “Digital Ambassador” – as part of a recent drive “to attract the most talented and diverse workforce” and combat plunging recruitment.

Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley, who identifies as non-binary, was appointed as the first of five Navy Digital Ambassadors in a pilot program that ran from October to March.

Kelley, whose stage name is Harpy Daniels, has shared their journey on TikTok and Instagram, where they described how they began performing onboard and became an “advocate” for people who “were oppressed for years in the service.”

“From joining to 2016 and being able to share my drag experience on my off time with my fellow sailors has been a blessing,” Kelley wrote on Instagram in November when announcing their appointment as a digital ambassador to their more than 8,000 followers.

“Thank you to the Navy for giving me this opportunity! I don’t speak for the Navy but simply sharing my experience in the Navy! Hooyah, and let’s go Slay!” they added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/us-navy-appointed-active-duty-drag-queen-as-ambassador/

Offline Kamaji

What on God's green Earth makes the Navy brass think that a f**king drag queer is going to encourage real young men to join up with the Navy?

What's next, a reprise of the Village People?

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The Chi-com's bust be shaking in their boots.

The Jimmy Carter Administration tried something similar ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYE7gb51Xxk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:41:24 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Navy SEAL who helped kill bin Laden fuming over drag queen ambassador: ‘I can’t believe I fought for this bulls–t’

By Nicholas McEntyre
May 4, 2023

A decorated Navy SEAL veteran, who was a part of the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, has spoken out against the Navy’s new recruitment campaign.

Former US Navy SEAL Team Six member, Robert J. O’Neill, took to Twitter Wednesday morning to share his disapproval of the Navy’s hiring of an active-duty drag queen to help recruit “the most talented and diverse workforce” for the military branch.

“Alright. The US Navy is now using an enlisted sailor Drag Queen as a recruiter. I’m done. China is going to destroy us. YOU GOT THIS NAVY. I can’t believe I fought for this bulls-t,” O’Neill wrote to his 590,500 followers.

O’Neill’s comments were targeted at Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley, the first of five new “Digital Ambassadors” for a new program the Navy piloted from October to March.

Kelley, who identifies as non-binary and goes by the stage name Harpy Daniels, has shared their journey of being a non-binary, drag queen with the Navy through their Instagram and TikTok accounts.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/ex-navy-seal-robert-j-oneill-who-helped-kill-osama-bin-laden-outraged-over-drag-queen-ambassador/

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SEAL Who Helped Kill Bin Laden Fuming Over Navy’s Drag Queen Ambassador: ‘Can’t Believe I Fought Bor This Bullsh–t’
By Pamela Geller - on May 4, 2023

Thank you, hero. Everyone is so afraid to state the obvious.

The military has a huge recruiting and retention problem because they went woke. They’ve hit bottom. So why keep digging?

https://gellerreport.com/2023/05/seal-who-helped-kill-bin-laden-fuming-over-navys-drag-queen-ambassador-cant-believe-i-fought-bor-this-bullsh-t.html/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  They’ve hit bottom. 

Not yet they haven't!! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline BellyAche

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Are independents ok with this? Or do they just not know that it is happening?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYE7gb51Xxk

A lifelong friend who was a SEAL would be tilling the earth in his grave over this nonsense.

Want to know why people aren't signing up?
You don't join up to identify with drag queens.

The USN's 'Bud Light Moment'...

Isn't anyone paying attention? Or is this the desired result?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Navy SEAL who helped kill bin Laden fuming over drag queen ambassador: ‘I can’t believe I fought for this bulls–t’
By Nicholas McEntyre   
May 4, 2023 1:43am

A decorated Navy SEAL veteran, who was a part of the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, has spoken out against the Navy’s new drag-queen recruitment campaign, saying, “I can’t believe I fought for this bulls–t.”

Former US Navy SEAL Team Six member, Robert J. O’Neill, took to Twitter Wednesday morning to share his disapproval of the Navy’s hiring of an active-duty drag queen to help recruit “the most talented and diverse workforce” for the military branch.

“Alright. The US Navy is now using an enlisted sailor Drag Queen as a recruiter. I’m done. China is going to destroy us. YOU GOT THIS NAVY. I can’t believe I fought for this bulls-t,” O’Neill wrote to his 590,500 followers.

O’Neill’s comments were targeted at Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley, the first of five new “Digital Ambassadors” for a new program the Navy piloted from October to March.

Kelley, who identifies as non-binary and goes by the stage name Harpy Daniels, has shared their journey of being a non-binary, drag queen with the Navy through their Instagram and TikTok accounts.

“Thank you to the Navy for giving me this opportunity! I don’t speak for the Navy but simply sharing my experience in the Navy! Hooyah, and let’s go Slay!” Daniels said in a November post.

https://twitter.com/mchooyah/status/1653791382274994186

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/ex-navy-seal-robert-j-oneill-who-helped-kill-osama-bin-laden-outraged-over-drag-queen-ambassador/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

How defeating and sad.  I believe he is right about China.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Mike Emanuel 🇺🇸
@MikeEmanuelFox
42m
14 Senators signing this letter demanding answers from the NAVY for using a "drag queen influencer" to help persuade young adults to join the military.
Budd, Colleagues Send Letter to Navy Questioning Use of TikTok Drag Queen

Washington, D.C. — Senator Ted Budd (R-NC) has led a letter to Secretary of the Navy Carlos Del Toro requesting more information regarding the Navy’s use of a TikTok drag queen to help reach potential recruits on social media.

The signers of this letter (14) include:

Sen. Ted Budd (R-NC)
    Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR)
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
    Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT)
    Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL)
    Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
    Sen. Eric Schmitt (R-MO)
    Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY)
    Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS)
    Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)
    Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK)

Full text of the letter:

We write regarding the Navy’s “Digital Ambassador” Pilot Program and reports that the Navy enlisted a TikTok drag queen to help reach potential recruits on social media.  While we understand the importance of social media for modern recruiting, we are concerned about both the promotion of a banned app and behavior that many deem inappropriate in a professional workplace.

As you know, Congress passed the No TikTok on Government Devices Act, which President Biden signed into law on December 29, 2022. This is in response to legitimate concerns that China could use its legal and regulatory powers to obtain private user data or to push misinformation or narratives favoring the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Given China’s compromise of the personal information of 21 million federal employees, the CCP could even use the same micro-targeting techniques used in recruiting to target the cleared workforce, their families, and close contacts. The bottom line is that the Navy should not be promoting use of TikTok, an app banned on Department devices, on the personal devices of servicemembers or its “ambassadors.” ...
Press release from Sen. Budd's office
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org