Author Topic: Fact Check: Illegal Immigration Down ‘90 Percent’ Thanks to Biden  (Read 113 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fact Check: Illegal Immigration Down ‘90 Percent’ Thanks to Biden
‘Baghdad Bob’, meet ‘D.C. Karine’, the front woman for Biden’s amnesty demands

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 2, 2023

During her daily press briefing on Monday, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre claimed that “when it comes to illegal migration, you’ve seen it come down by more than 90 percent, and that’s because of ... the actions that this President has taken”.

Fact Check: Not True.

But more analysis is in order, as her comment underscores the role amnesty for millions of aliens unlawfully present plays. Don’t take Jean-Pierre’s claim literally, but do take it seriously.

Context. Here is the rather relevant, pointed, and timely question that Jean-Pierre was responding to (apparently from Lalit Jha, the chief U.S. correspondent for the Press Trust of India), to put her answer into context: “How does President wants to address this challenge of illegal immigration? A lot of people coming here. And is this one of the issues which he considers his job not done, job not finished?”

The press secretary began her response by referring to the massive amnesty bill President Biden proposed on Inauguration Day, as well as Biden’s oft-repeated contention that the immigration system had been “broken” and needed to be “modernized”:

https://cis.org/Arthur/Fact-Check-Illegal-Immigration-Down-90-Percent-Thanks-Biden
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson