Author Topic: Biden Requests More Than $50 Million For ‘Unexpected Urgent’ Needs Of Migrants, Refugees  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Requests More Than $50 Million For ‘Unexpected Urgent’ Needs Of Migrants, Refugees

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
May 01, 2023
6:25 PM ET

President Joe Biden called upon Secretary of State Antony Blinken to ask Congress for more than $50 million to support an “unexpected urgent” need presented by refugees and migrants, according to a Monday White House memo.

Biden asked Blinken to make the $50.3 million request to Congress in order to address the issue across the western hemisphere, the memo stated. The announcement comes ahead of an expected migration surge at the U.S.-Mexico border when Title 42, the public health order invoked by the Trump administration during the COVID-19 pandemic, ends May 11. (RELATED: ‘Release Everybody’: Former Top Border Officials Pour Cold Water On Biden’s Plan After Trump-Era Expulsions Stop)

United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken speaks at the 2023 Munich Security Conference (MSC) on February 18, 2023 in Munich, Germany. (Photo by Johannes Simon/Getty Images)
United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken speaks at the 2023 Munich Security Conference (MSC) on February 18, 2023 in Munich, Germany. (Photo by Johannes Simon/Getty Images)

“By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (22 U.S.C. 2601(c)(1)) (MRAA), I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the MRAA, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the MRAA in an amount not to exceed $50.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected urgent refugee and migration needs in the Western Hemisphere, including through contributions to international organizations by the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State,” Biden’s request read.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/01/biden-requests-more-than-50-million-for-unexpected-urgent-needs-of-migrants-refugees/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tell him to get it from his puppet master, George Soros. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson