Author Topic: Green Energy Industry Admits It Needs Cheap Chinese Goods To Survive  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Energy Industry Admits It Needs Cheap Chinese Goods To Survive
Industry leaders in panic as Congress pushes to impose tariffs on Chinese solar panels

Collin Anderson
May 2, 2023

The green energy industry is scrambling as Congress pushes forward with legislation that would impose costly tariffs on Chinese solar panels, a move that industry leaders say would cripple their business given their overwhelming reliance on cheap Chinese suppliers.

The House on Friday passed a bipartisan bill to restore tariffs on Chinese solar panels sold out of Southeast Asia, tariffs that President Joe Biden suspended last year in an attempt to "satisfy the demand for reliable and clean energy." The legislation has already garnered support among some Senate Democrats, reflecting s significant possibility that the bill will become law.

For the green energy industry, that possibility marks a full-blown disaster.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/green-energy-industry-admits-it-needs-cheap-chinese-goods-to-survive/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 11:33:03 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson